Internet Addiction- Am I Alone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
I forsook the internet for a week and now i'm back.

Why is it that I can never shake this beast?

Seriously.

I dont get it.

Some people can cut back on their internet usage just fine. But not me...

nope.

Am I the only one that cant seem to stay away from the internet? Am I crazy? Am I just...I feel like I've just relapsed on some sort of drug. *frowns*

I'm addicted to the computer too. I don't know what else to say. It's like drugs.

I stopped spending so much time on the web by blocking sites I would typically frequent. I could always unblock it if my lust to browse overcame me but it would be a somewhat tedious process to unblock and block. My lazy side eventually won and now I cbf to browse as much.

This technique worked on my gf. It wasn't long before she gave up on pRon.

You aren't alone. I used to be addicted to the internet REALLY badly. I would stay awake for days at a time just for the novelty of being online, and when people asked why I said it was because I couldn't sleep (when really all I was doing was googling useless things and posting on message boards). When I was away from the computer, all I could think about was the computer. When I got back home the first thing I did was go online. I was never sure how the time flew past but somehow I managed to use it up just sitting in front of the screen. At one time in my life I didn't leave the house for more than a month because I was obsessed with a particular message board. I didn't want to be around people. I wanted it to just be me and my computer, where information access was almost limitless. I quit my studies so I could go online more often and at one point (I know it sounds gross) I stopped showering because I simply didn't care anymore.

I think that some people make a joke of this problem but look at the above and can you tell me that it's a laughing matter? I can't.

dude I'm pretty much more dependant on the internet then I am my medications, in fact I'm starving right now but I haven't gotten up to eat yet, becuase I'm afraid the internet will go out again while I'm away

I used to be addicted to the internet, but now I find I'm really bored of it all. It's main purpose for me is to be able to talk to people and the secondary purpose is quit access to information. I rarely spend time actually browsing the web and just use the same few sites each day to pass the time. I guess after a while you just get internet burn out and other things become more interesting. I'd much rather be unplugged and out in the world doing stuff. If I had local friends, I'd probably never be online :p

tehdreamer said:
I used to be addicted to the internet, but now I find I'm really bored of it all. It's main purpose for me is to be able to talk to people and the secondary purpose is quit access to information. I rarely spend time actually browsing the web and just use the same few sites each day to pass the time. I guess after a while you just get internet burn out and other things become more interesting. I'd much rather be unplugged and out in the world doing stuff. If I had local friends, I'd probably never be online :p

The Internet IS really addicting, and it may make you feel like you can do anything and have access to anything you want, but I feel as if it's just as great, if not greater, to actually be outside in the world being connected and doing stuff.

i m terribly addicted, mainly due to depression and no frnds in real. my online frnds have become my world . although i have never met them in real . wenever i am sad or depressed i turn on my pc and log in messenger and either chat or play games. its a feeling that there is this world out there over internet were there are people with whom i can interact and not be bothered bout home issues. in a way i am trying to escape from my problems ,running away from it, but i guess thats how i cope with mental breakdown.

Lawrens said:
Can you imagine a world without internet?

3763629208_c741d0f9bb.jpg

*shudders*

haha I love Lionel Hutz.

I too have no social life so I spend a lot of time online. Cool people put themselves out there and stay connected and do things. I too quit school during my last year because of my internet addiction but I managed to go back to school and finish it, two years later. Now I find the internet mostly boring.

Latest posts

Back