Intimidating females

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glowgirl said:
Yes, I can relate! It's pretty rare that I find somebody really attractive on all levels so that makes it all the more important to make a good impression. Me, I'm female, I had a guy like that who I thought found me attractive (could be wrong!) he would ignore me completely and turn his back when other people were around, only every now and then he would decide to talk to me and I had about 1 minute to impress him with my sparkling personality LOL! Naturally I didn't, it got to the point where I would just freeze, he ended up hating me.

I guess maybe the more you talk to people in relaxed everyday type situations, the more it takes the tension out. I used to wonder, if he'd have been a bit more relaxed, whether it would have been easier for the both of us and things would have gone differently. Don't forget women are people too, just try to talk to them the way you would your guy friends.

That is just what I would do. lol...
Atleast that is what I would of done 2 or 3 years ago. Luckily now I manage to pluck up a bit more confidence and have a little more experience socially.
There is a good chance he probably did find you attractive and probably still does if that was the case. Why do you say he ended up hating you?

The more attractive / compatible a female is, the more likely I will shy away to a dark corner if she enters the area I am in.
If they are not attractive or compatible, then I don't have any problems talking to them.
I can talk with pretty much any guy with no problems.

When a guy acts like this, I assume that he's
1) an ******* who thinks I'm unattractive and not worth his time, who can't even be bothered to look in my direction when I talk to him,
2) a coward who doesn't see females as another stinky burpy human like himself, and not worth my time. Cuz I burp a lot, and if someone can't deal with that, I can't deal with them
3) a bore who can't flirt or talk or move his eyes away from his phone
4) blind or deaf
5) doesn't speak English
6) has low self esteem, and I don't have the patience to pump up the egos of male partners
7) busy/distracted/mourning/stressed, etc.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
1) an ******* who thinks I'm unattractive and not worth his time, who can't even be bothered to look in my direction when I talk to him,
2) a coward who doesn't see females as another stinky burpy human like himself, and not worth my time. Cuz I burp a lot, and if someone can't deal with that, I can't deal with them
4) blind or deaf
5) doesn't speak English
6) has low self esteem, and I don't have the patience to pump up the egos of male partners

I think that is sort of a bit of a shame because the guy could have very redeeming traits in alot of areas but just be shy for whatever reason. I think alot of shy males are overlooked by women and are sometimes even percieved as weak individuals. Actually in alot of cases I think the opposite is true and it is the over-confident and/or arrogant males who are very insecure in themselves. Funny that...

ShybutHi said:
Sarah_Lbnz said:
4) blind or deaf
5) doesn't speak English

I think that is sort of a bit of a shame because the guy could have very redeeming traits in alot of areas but just be shy for whatever reason. I think alot of shy males are overlooked by women and are sometimes even percieved as weak individuals. Actually in alot of cases I think the opposite is true and it is the over-confident and/or arrogant males who are very insecure in themselves. Funny that...

I agree. It's silly assumptions like these that me feel like this is what most women "think" and how judgemental they can be (Males can be just as bad, if not worse). She complains about how others can't deal with her habbits & shortcomings (e.g burping) and then says she can't deal with other peoples problems (e.g self-esteem). The fact that she is jumping to these sorts of conclusions upon meeting someone shows a lack of self-esteem. I don't know if shes realise this or not. But I guess anyone who comes on this site most likely has esteem issues (myself included).

Sarah, I don't blame you for some of them, specifically. I mean, 99% of the human population are horrid creatures., who show little to no affection toward one another. I have met plenty of people under awkward circumstances, to which later on have become very good friends with, even to the point of having relationships with. One in particular, who I worked with, snapped at me one day for no reason when I was new to a place. And later on, we became very good friends & even had a relationship with.

I think anyone who has been a victim of racism, sexism, prejiduce etc, will end up being very judgemental themselves, in that they will see everyone else as being Judgemental. You need to treat each and every person differently and not quickly come to conclusions about people based on first appearances. I mean, are we honestly at our best 24/7? No. Do we have our bad days? Yes. This is something I am struggling with all the time but have made significant progress with, since accepting that I can be just as judgemental as the ones who are judgemental against me.

I too, sometimes feel as if I have 5 seconds to impress a female and that's it. But I need to convince myself somedays, that they are human, just like me and that some men seem to have some sort of magic ability to wow & grab a woman's attention immediately. Unfortunately I do not possess this gene, but I believe I am just as valuable & worthy as these men. I just have to wait for a girl to eventually see this.

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense haha.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
4) blind or deaf
5) doesn't speak English

Agreed, except I don't burp a lot lol.

ShybutHi said:
What on earth do you do about something like this?

picture her with her mouth wrapped around your cock and loving every moment of it.

then proceed with the conversation as though that were the imminent outcome.

you'd be surprised what having the stronger "reality" can lead to.

be the embodiment of confidence, step outside of your comfort zone, realize she poops.

Trent said:
picture her with her mouth wrapped around your cock and loving every moment of it.

then proceed with the conversation as though that were the imminent outcome.

you'd be surprised what having the stronger "reality" can lead to.

be the embodiment of confidence, step outside of your comfort zone, realize she poops.

This would be great advice if it was great advice.

I would say just go for it, doesn't have to be a great pick up line or a complex sentence. Just a hi, how're you doing would suffice.

Everything begins from somewhere.

And everyone, guys and girls, no matter how attractive/confident they appear, are humans, and insecure in their own little ways. No one's perfect.

If she snubs you, fresia her, she probably isn't very nice to begin with.

ShybutHi said:
Sarah, I don't blame you for some of them, specifically. I mean, 99% of the human population are horrid creatures., who show little to no affection toward one another.

Notice how I wrote a whooole bunch of different conclusions that one could draw, which are not actually conclusive. I think the point I was trying to make is that people are at different stages in their lives, and one cannot assume what the other person is thinking.

So just talk to them, jeez. The worse they'll do is laugh at you. Females have it worse. We're afraid you'll rape or kill us. (paraphrasing Gavin de Becker)

i stand by my blowjob advice

as far-fetched as it sounds

thinking a sexual thought about a person you are sexually attracted to while in her presence...

will do a couple of things.

first, it will send a vibe of confidence...

"oh my god, is he really smiling at me like that?"
"look at the way he looks me up and down, who does he think he is?"
"jeez, this guy thinks he is hot honeysuckle, hmm, he is kind of cute too, and confident!"

second, it will put into her mind that you are a sexual being who is attracted to her, and that by logic, she IS attractive.

all women want to feel attractive.

so acknowledge their attractiveness, just without being a stalker or psycho.

a brief glance, a smile, a held gaze, a pleasant greeting while making sure to lock gazes...etc

stumbling around scared to death of girls and plotting how you can act gender-neutral and uninterested in their presence is not the key to romantic success.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
ShybutHi said:
Sarah, I don't blame you for some of them, specifically. I mean, 99% of the human population are horrid creatures., who show little to no affection toward one another.

Notice how I wrote a whooole bunch of different conclusions that one could draw, which are not actually conclusive. I think the point I was trying to make is that people are at different stages in their lives, and one cannot assume what the other person is thinking.

So just talk to them, jeez. The worse they'll do is laugh at you. Females have it worse. We're afraid you'll rape or kill us. (paraphrasing Gavin de Becker)

What? The quote you just did was not actually me it was from 2fresh4youx. :p

I never found female to be intimidating whatsoever. I see them as people and thats it.
I don't "hit" on women and the ones that seem to be perfect with all their glamour and beauty usually have defects and/or personality I can't stand... and tend to give me nausea.

Naturally behaving with a mix of being polite and ignoring them. I tend to behave the same way when I'm not in a relationship like when I am in one, meaning... "i'm not interested/available". So... they think one or more of the following things: I'm in a relationship, I'm not easy, I'm arrogant.

All the relationships I had it was her that gave the first step and kept on trying until I got enough interested. Is not that I am shy. The reality is... I actually don't care.

Latest posts

Back