introducing myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgu

Reaction score
I don't really know what to say.

I'm another lonely person. Very lonely. I live in my own world. I'm not shy, so, I can make contact. But people don't like me, they don't accept me.

Why they don't like me? I'm not sure I know. I've always been the lonely kid at school. As an adolescent, while my brother had lots of friends, I had one or two, but these friends, as soon as they'd make other ones, they'd forget me.

I read a lot, I study a lot. In a way, I think I'm nerdy and this may be the reason people don't like to be with me.

I really don't know what to say. I wish I could learn to be like everybody else... or not. I've been lonely for such a long time, I don't know who I am anymore, because there is no one to "validate" me. I do everything alone, I go through life alone. I go on vacation alone.

I'm sorry if I sound weird. Loneliness is making me drift away. I don't know who I am anymore. If I had a friend, I'd ask, but there is no one whom to ask. I live an ocean away from my family.

Eh. Don't think because you're nerdy people don't like you. It's usually the loneliness that drives them away. People here are great, give us a chance to know you. :)

Hey and welcome to the forum.

I can pretty much relate to this, I was never a very popular person and I've always lived in my brothers shadow , don't worry though , you're not alone because you are nerdy , there might be other reasons but this definitely is not one.

The best advice I can give you right now is don't be like others , you are who you are and if people don't like you the way you are , forget them.

I'm sure you will meet people here , and if you need anything or just need to talk PM me and I'll try to respond as soon as possible.

Good luck and take care.

~Michael

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you all so much for "talking" to me. It means a lot to me, to have ears listening, to feel empathy.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hi Kgu,

Welcome to the Forum...as some people already said, there are a lot of people "in the same boat", so to speak, as you are...lonely and without friends. I am one of them. I make friends easily, but I don't have the opportunity because I am disabled, don't drive and live far away from everything.

Don't call yourself nerdy...and like someone else said...if people don't accept you as you are, they are not worth it!

I am sure you will find friends on here. A lot of my problem was that I was bored too. I made a thread asking if anyone wanted to Private Message with me, and now I have 8 people that I do that with! Besides that taking a lot of time--reading and answering them, I post on people's threads if I know anything about what they write about. Also, playing the Games on here are fun too!

You will feel welcome here in no time. If you want to PM me, please do so!

Have a great day!

kgu said:
I don't really know what to say.

I'm another lonely person. Very lonely. I live in my own world. I'm not shy, so, I can make contact. But people don't like me, they don't accept me.

Why they don't like me? I'm not sure I know. I've always been the lonely kid at school. As an adolescent, while my brother had lots of friends, I had one or two, but these friends, as soon as they'd make other ones, they'd forget me.

I read a lot, I study a lot. In a way, I think I'm nerdy and this may be the reason people don't like to be with me.

I really don't know what to say. I wish I could learn to be like everybody else... or not. I've been lonely for such a long time, I don't know who I am anymore, because there is no one to "validate" me. I do everything alone, I go through life alone. I go on vacation alone.

I'm sorry if I sound weird. Loneliness is making me drift away. I don't know who I am anymore. If I had a friend, I'd ask, but there is no one whom to ask. I live an ocean away from my family.
Hi kgu and welcome to the forum
I think you yourself said the golden word "validation",
I think we have to be approved by ourselves.By loving ourselves we communicate love and make others to love us too.
Another point in effective communication we should be service-oriented and try to understand and fill up other persons needs.
Does it make sense. what do U think? what do we need friends for?

Latest posts

Back