Introducing myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Emilia

Hi to all,

I don't know how this works yet so I'll just try and see.

Like all of you I feel lonely and at this stage it's quite severe.
I made a list the other day which scared me a bit.
I am not
a daughter since parents died
a mother since my daughter rejected me
a partner since my partner dumped me
and the list goes on.
Then who am I?
We tend to define ourselves by our relationships with others. If we have no significant others in this case no family or partner then what?

I sometimes think that the lack of family and the consequent loneliness will shorten my life. Don't know how to fix it.

I've never defined people from their contact with others and i don't think You'll run in to too many people who do so here. =)

You are:
at the right place,
a person who've gone through alot (what doesn't kill You makes You stronger!),
a woman with a cool name,
welcome to our community.

Emilia said:
Hi to all,

Like all of you I feel lonely and at this stage it's quite severe.
I made a list the other day which scared me a bit.
I am not
a daughter since parents died
a mother since my daughter rejected me
a partner since my partner dumped me
and the list goes on.
Then who am I?
We tend to define ourselves by our relationships with others. If we have no significant others in this case no family or partner then what?

Hello and welcome!

I know it's hard, but don't give up. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through the rough times is telling myself: "Things will get better." over and over like a mantra.

Things will get better for you. In the meantime, enjoy your stay.

Robin said:
I've never defined people from their contact with others and i don't think You'll run in to too many people who do so here. =)

You are:
at the right place,

Hi Emilia and welcome here. I have to say I could not have said it better then Robin here. I agree with all he just said.

Bluey said:
Robin said:

You are:
at the right place,

Hi Emilia and welcome here. I have to say I could not have said it better then Robin here. I agree with all he just said.

Thanks so much to those who have written. I really appreciate it.
Maybe I have at last found somewhere I belong:>)

ya welcome to the forum Emilia :D

i hope you like it here, and you're always welcome to PM me anytime

:D

If you need a friendly chat then I am always around. My time is the only thing I seem to be able to offer people. Things will sort themselves out eventually. I do believe that...because if I don't then why do we put ourselves through these things.

If you need me then shout me.

davechaos said:
If you need a friendly chat then I am always around. My time is the only thing I seem to be able to offer people. Things will sort themselves out eventually. I do believe that...because if I don't then why do we put ourselves through these things.

Time can be a perishers thing you know. I would say you have a lot to offer.

Bluey said:
davechaos said:

Time can be a perishers thing you know. I would say you have a lot to offer.

Thanks. When you say time is the only thing you are able to offer people, it is a most precious gift you are offering. Most people are too busy to give their time.:)

Yeah i am a little slow but i would still like to say welcome Emilia. I'm glad you found the forum.

Hi welcome! You will find very nice people who understand you here, or at least i have in the last 2 weeks that i have been a member.

Latest posts

Back