Introducing myself.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aker

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Aker.

A little background about me:
I grew up in a great, fun filled working class community with amazing friends and an amazing family.
In my early teens I was overcome with physical health issues that resulted in crippling anxiety and severe depression.
My face had been disfigured and my ability to articulate my thoughts had diminished.
I made 2 unsuccesful suicide attempts  and worked hard to overcome these issues.

In that time all my friends moved away to pursue their own passions.
My siblings did the same.

During this period I worked hard on my issues.
I read books, changed my thinking and put myself into all kinds of uncomfortable situations.
I knew that one day I'd wake up and not be anxious or depressed if i kept working and gave it time.

That time came around a year ago.
And now a year later again I still wake up feeling happy and optimistic. I still enjoy my own company and laugh often. I feel liberated and grateful for the opportunity to feel like this again and I want to make the most of it.

Why I've joined this forum:
 I meet up with my childhood/highschool friends a couple times a year and god i miss them. I miss being part of that group. Any group.

My ability to 'win friends' just isn't sharp anymore.  I've been a reclusive hermit for so long now that my thoughts, ideas and energy levels are completely incongruent with the dynamics of any group i try to associate with. Guys my age (mid 20s) are so much further on in their lives that i can't relate to them and many of their experiences.

And being realistic with myself i understand that If i want to build a new peer group, find a great girl, and start a a little tribe of my own, It's going to take time while i sharpen that saw.

Until then, I hope you'll all accept me into your tribe here at alonelylife.com.
Best regards,
Aker :rolleyes:

Hi, welcome to ALL. i relate to some things you said. feel free to PM me when you feel like it

Latest posts

Back