Is anyone else?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaSarah33

Reaction score
Just wondering... Is anyone else in this huge snowstorm with me??
Its getting to the scary/rediculous point. It just keeps snowing and never stops!! There was already 3 feet of snow on the ground outside... It started snowing again yesterday, still snowing now another 15-20 inches.... then this weekend they are calling for more snow.... LOL when is it going to have time to start melting?

I managed to get a ride to work in a big truck the last two days, being dropped off, had a heck of a time getting there. My road still hasn't been plowed from the first 3 feet, its just more of smashed down from other trucks driving through. I work at a grocery store, and there is normally 3 grocery stores in my town, all within a mile of each other. Well, the other two were closed yesterday... one of them the roof started caving in because of the weight of the snow, the other lost power. So the store I worked at was so rediculous, I don't think you could possibly cram anymore people in it. We ran out of milk, eggs, and bread, all gone, trucks can't get in to deliver more.

When I got dropped off it took about ten minutes just to drive to the door of the building because there were no parking spaces left, people were just parking in the aisles and parking back behind the building where trucks park to deliver. I've never seen so many people in one store... I've also never seen so much snow in all my life! Last night I noticed the snow was up to the bottoms of the mailboxes almost, I'll guess they'll be completely covered today. I didn't go to work today, lol theres no way to. Is anyone else (that still has power) being affected by this huge storm? Share your stories about it. I've never seen anything like this before, its a little scary. :club:

Lol we get stuff like that in Kansas every winter (and into March) :p

Nothing new to me, though the weather is pretty clear for me right now.

----Steve

lol do you live anywhere near DC by any chance? because we are in the middle of a blizzard right now :p

Yeaa I'm in NJ right now and I'm snowed in. About 11 inches so far, and its supposed to get worse :) No classes! My uni's closed

SophiaGrace said:
lol do you live anywhere near DC by any chance? because we are in the middle of a blizzard right now :p

Sophia Grace, you're in DC!!! Me too!

Also, yeah this blizzard's annoying. It's making me feel like honeysuckle.

SocratesX said:
SophiaGrace said:

Sophia Grace, you're in DC!!! Me too!

Also, yeah this blizzard's annoying. It's making me feel like honeysuckle.

Well at least the sun is out today @_@

lol do you know where Gallaudet is? I go there :)

You guys jinxed me. I live in north Texas where we rarely get snow, maybe a few inches every 5 years. Yet it started snowing about 3am and hasnt let up yet.

Freaking insane... hell has finally frozen over and its spilling over into Texas. I may actually build a snow man... right in the middle of the street. And then drive my Explorer right thru it!

SophiaGrace said:
Well at least the sun is out today @_@

lol do you know where Gallaudet is? I go there :)

You're deaf?

RebeccaSarah33 said:
yea DC is about an hour west of me :D its crazy with all this snow, I've never seen anything like this here

what's east of DC?? The Chesepeake Area?

Bah, sounds like nothing compared to what we get in Norway every winter. But I suppose if your not used to it can seem like alot:)

Well im way up here in Canada eh and we have maybe 6 inches on the lawn, I am wering shorts and I go in and out of the house all day long ( not for long mind you ) its - 4 degrees Celcius --- 24 degrees Fahrenheit.

I have been watching you guys on the weather radar and you are getting hammered .

We had a good dumping last year so its your turn this year

But winter is not over yet -- It could change in a heart beat

Why dont you post a picture of your front lawn so we can see

heres a pic I took today, I walked about a half mile to get to my car parked out on the road, heres my driveway this morning (after 2 days worth of melting)

Attachments

• 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 9
lol I love Calvert county! I go all the way there just to use thier wal mart cause its better then the other walmarts :D LOL the one in Dunkirk next to the giant, I have 2 friends that live near there too, its a nice area

I can't remember where the Giant was in Dunkirk. I always went to the Safeway. lol I preferred Target to Walmart, so I usually made the trip into Waldorf for that.

I loved being so close to Annapolis. The harborfront was a pretty nice district.

Latest posts

Back