Is it possible to speak your mind here without getting bashed???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cypha

Reaction score
Sometimes when I explain things, some of you might mistaken things I say. For example if I say some girls in my city treat men like honeysuckle, that doesn't mean that I'm a sexist or that all I believe all girls are like this. Or if I said I can't see myself being with someone I'm not attracted to, that doesn't mean I'm a pig. Or if I make a joke, just go with it, because I really am a nice person and I understand plenty, but I wasn't raised to be a pansy, so anyone who bites will get bit back. I'm writing this post because by reading some of the other posts, it seems easy to offend people here without actually trying to offend anyone, or by just explaining yourself (which is possible when chatting because people can't always understand exactly what you mean when you type as opposed to speaking in person. Right?) I want to get this off my chest now. I'll never offend anyone unless I feel I have to. Truthfully my goal is to love everyone (just not in a gay way, lol.) Other than that, the fact that I'm a broke musician and author trying to take on the world, finishing a degree in business, and looking for true love what more would you care to know?

Anyway, it's been two weeks, I think it's time I open up a thread. Can I be myself here, because you all seem like cool people I'd love to chat with. I'm just having trouble getting my feet wet here because I don't want drama. So we'll start off like this. Everyone who thinks it's possible that I could be a friendly person in real life worth conversing with, answer this question:

What do you want to accomplish in life and what is your favorite thing in the whole world, something you are passionate about (yes, it can even be love?)

I've found that in most public forums there is a lot of closemindedness and that people rarely want to hear anything that differs from their own opinions. Therefore I try to stick to humor and generic topics. (just because a forum has specific forums, for discussing specific issues, doesn't mean that humans are genuinely capable of civilly discussing such things)

Well, this is definitely one of the best forums I've been to in regards to not being hurt and insulting each other. I do know what you mean, I have often been misunderstood or clashed with someone too.

Musician and Author whose looking for true love? You seem like a wonderful person. I'm a fellow writer, not a musician, but I love music and have a massive collection of all sorts of it. Sorry, off topic I guess.

Most people here are generally nice, but I agree. Let's be reminded to tone down the drama as it doesn't do anyone any good.

Despair said:
Well, this is definitely one of the best forums I've been to in regards to not being hurt and insulting each other. I do know what you mean, I have often been misunderstood or clashed with someone too.

Agreed. I have been on numerous forums in my time, not necessarily to do with loneliness, but those dealing with more hobby-based topics. I have noticed people quick to score points at someone else's expense, and generally forum members getting their heads bitten off just for voicing their opinions and ideas. Nice to see that ALL is one of the very few forums where this isn't evident. :)

Cypha said:
Sometimes when I explain things, some of you might mistaken things I say.

You know, any one of us can misstate what we really mean. As long as we try to clarify what we meant to say, chances are pretty good that there will be no flaming. :)

However, posts which are blatantly and unabashedly sexist, racist or bigoted in general will always be offensive.

Cypha said:
What do you want to accomplish in life and what is your favorite thing in the whole world, something you are passionate about (yes, it can even be love?)

I want to be a published writer/illustrator.

I don't think these forums are bad at all, there seems to be diverse opinions on multiple subjects and while people DO feel strongly about their own opinions, it shouldn't be taken personal when someone disagrees with you.

As for the question, I used to be passionate about a lot of things, but now, I don't know. :S

cheaptrickfan said:
You know, any one of us can misstate what we really mean. As long as we try to clarify what we meant to say, chances are pretty good that there will be no flaming. :)

However, posts which are blatantly and unabashedly sexist, racist or bigoted in general will always be offensive.

I agree with this.

That's always been the dangers of internet forums. Add to that, it's always easy to misread, misunderstand, or just plain miss the sarcasm when you're limited to reading text. To be honest I'm rather surprised at just how little of that happens here, especially considering how (for lack of a better word) sensitive a lot of the conversation is.

Cypha said:

Musician, songwriter, and full-time teacher. I suspect that the first two will qualify more as a hobby than a profession though.

Just_Some_Dude said:
I've found that in most public forums there is a lot of closemindedness and that people rarely want to hear anything that differs from their own opinions. Therefore I try to stick to humor and generic topics. (just because a forum has specific forums, for discussing specific issues, doesn't mean that humans are genuinely capable of civilly discussing such things)

Although most times I just want to keep it simple and crack a joke so no one gets me misunderstood, at the same time I know that forums like this are a good way to challenge others and yourself by discussing things that are on your mind but things you rarely get to tell anyone. Or maybe, you can be curious about something you've never been able to ask your peers. I hope every one speaks their mind. Especially men and women. Communication.

Speak your mind. Go right ahead. Only then can we have interesting threads worth reading instead of the usual:
person1: I'm lonely, I'll never find love
person2: it'll be ok (((((person1))))))

But take into account the different personalities on this forum. We won't all agree with you, vice versa. This doesn't mean you should go cussing and adding personal attacks nor should they, but then we can't control other people... yet.
Personally, I don't mind racist, sexist, offensive posts. We're all adults here and if you don't like what someone says, I'm sure you can speak up without resorting to a 'flamewar'.

Despair said:

Musician and Author whose looking for true love? You seem like a wonderful person. I'm a fellow writer, not a musician, but I love music and have a massive collection of all sorts of it. Sorry, off topic I guess.

Most people here are generally nice, but I agree. Let's be reminded to tone down the drama as it doesn't do anyone any good.

Interesting. What do you like to wirte, and what are your favorites in your music collection?

Debate and interaction (sometimes heated interaction) is always welcome here...as I think we're all fairly open people with willing ears. I only draw the line when it comes to name-calling or pointless character defamation....as such things only detract from the overall attitude here. People DO have an individual right to open communication here...but ONLY UNTIL that communication harms others or the general open honesty of the site.

...just thought I'd throw in my bit here. :p

----Steve

If I really speak my mind some poeple will probably drop fucken dead or some honeysuckle.

Appropricate...

Will, no matter how appropricate I am..there's always gatta be some wack job drawing a fucken invisible line.:p

There's a diary section...
mmmm..I think it's set up as... "No,...matha fuckas.... you can't respond, give advice, opinions or debate"
Or it's the none of your god **** bussiness section.lol

You can't please everyone. You can't be all things to all poeple.
If you try to do this...you'll spead yourself too thin and loose yourself.
You don't have to internalize other poeple bullshit, conflicts or whatever.

There's a say..."if people are talking about me...I must be doing something right" :p

Latest posts

Back