is love really necessary

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverblackvoid_ll

Reaction score
well maybe we need the love of our parents and family members. but other than that, is there any need for love. im unreciprocated. and im definitely demented.

Love is just a chemical reaction in our body. It is like a drug. It makes us feel good with it. We get withdrawl symptoms without it.

I'm not really sure if it is neccessary but it sure makes life a whole lot better sometimes.

The first type of love you mentioned, or at least a common respect among each other, is totally necessary for a somewhat cohesive civilization.

As for the second type or love, I'm not entirely sure. It has been the motivation for numerous pieces or art and song, among other great things. However, it is just as much a catalyst for more negative emotions as well, such as depression, bitterness, anger and even violence.

Love is certainly great when achievable, but when its acquisition is not realistic for a given amount of time I feel am much better served without the apparently innate desire for it.

Love is necessarily, but what kinds of love is where the question really comes to bear. Companionship, motherly love, brotherly love, lust, etc.

If you have experienced being loved by someone then yes, its necessary. There isnt anything like the feeling you get when someone tells you they love you.

Unfortunately it makes it a million times worse when that love dies, and you are alone.

I believe some form of love is necessary from someone, whether it's long or short term. I don't think all people need love all the time. I've seen people live there lives fine without it for a while.

I yearn for some kind of social acceptance. Some kind of group I can feel I actually belong to and feel a special overall and forever positive connection to these people in the group.

So love in that sense, the love I feel for the people in the group that share in joy and happiness, as well as despair, certainly can't hurt. Is it needed? Well, I guess nothing is really needed since we end up dying anyway. But if you mean is it needed to live a happy fulfilling life? Then I would say most certainly.

Love of one form or another is necessary, love from your family is the most important i think as to intimiate love from a partner i guess its upto each individual and how they feel, if they are perfectly happy on their own then good for them but i know for me that i couldnt do that i really do miss having someone but love has its drawbacks as i found out when my gf cheated on me twice i forgave her then after a year and half she cheats on me again 3 times... once a cheater always a cheater is now my motto ... but moving on in the end its upto each individual to use the old cliche saying there are plenty of fish in the sea as well as sharks you just have to find the one for you if u can, the old one modified a bit .. but thats just my thoughts on it

We can survive with out love but I don't think we would live our live in a happy way in the believe that we are not loved. To feel loved is an emotion that we need to feel in order to feel happy.

The love we get from our parents is different then from a partner. Our parents love us simply cos there our parents. The love from a partner is free well and they don't have to choice us to love but do. This kinder love is a lot different but I do think we need both in order to live a happy life. The love from friends even is different and still free choice in that friends don't have to be friends but again its another kind of love that we as people need I think.

We are social creatures. It's built into our system.
Society had also programed us.

You know what makes a beautiful sunset ?
It's sharing that moment with the one i love...other wise it's just a sunset that happens everyday.
You know what keeps me going if I fail or defeated ? It's knowing I'm loved.
Havn't you felt so much love that you feel like you can accomplished anything in life ?
And what's the piont of accomplishing anything if we can't share it.

That's why i go freaken crazy , if I feel alone.
I'm not a robot.

Lonesome Crow said:
We are social creatures. It's built into our system.
Society had also programed us.

You know what makes a beautiful sunset ?
It's sharing that moment with the one i love...other wise it's just a sunset that happens everyday.
You know what keeps me going if I fail or defeated ? It's knowing I'm loved.
Havn't you felt so much love that you feel like you can accomplished anything in life ?
And what's the piont of accomplishing anything if we can't share it.

That's why i go freaken crazy , if I feel alone.
I'm not a robot.

I related to your post so much. What is the point of doing well if you have no one to share it with. I have a nice place to live. But its just that. A nice place. It well not be a home in tell love lives here. There is only me here. So I think it takes 2 for love to be here and to turn this place into a home.

Please don't sell your house.lol
I did that when i was younger.

I had a great job, nice house, 2 cars, 1 motocycle...but no love.lol
I tried to make it into a bachelar pad..That's when it went down hill super fast.
I invited a lot of people into my life that didn't really cared about me.
After the fun and game , money was gone...they all left too.lol
To be honest at that piont i didn't cared if I lived or die....Getting wack out on
drugs parttying all the time didn't help me think too straight either.lol

You know...I actaully had to call ex-wife..lol It's wierd.
What kept me going was She said that She still loved me and will always love me, even though we couldn't go on together anymore. It ment a lot to me to know that. Becuase I really did love her and I belived she love me too otherwise she wouldn't had married me. It still broke my heart but somehow I knew i could carry on.

Well...she kept asking me if i was still drinking over and over again?lol
I sober up a couple of weeks later.

I had so much to work thourgh and the last thing i needed was a relationship.
I met someone about a year later.

Maybe when you're ready for love you'll find your way too.

Lonesome Crow said:
Please don't sell your house.lol
I did that when i was younger.

I had a great job, nice house, 2 cars, 1 motocycle...but no love.lol
I tried to make it into a bachelar pad..That's when it went down hill super fast.
I invited a lot of people into my life that didn't really cared about me.
After the fun and game , money was gone...they all left too.lol
To be honest at that piont i didn't cared if I lived or die....Getting wack out on
drugs parttying all the time didn't help me think too straight either.lol

You know...I actaully had to call ex-wife..lol It's wierd.
What kept me going was She said that She still loved me and will always love me, even though we couldn't go on together anymore. It ment a lot to me to know that. Becuase I really did love her and I belived she love me too otherwise she wouldn't had married me. It still broke my heart but somehow I knew i could carry on.

Well...she kept asking me if i was still drinking over and over again?lol
I sober up a couple of weeks later.

I had so much to work thourgh and the last thing i needed was a relationship.
I met someone about a year later.

Maybe when you're ready for love you'll find your way too.

Am not moving you can bet money on that. I like where I live. I just wish I had someone to share it with :)

Am glad you sobbed up tho mate. You can only live like that for so long be for it all comes crashing down on you. Its a false economy.

Latest posts

Back