Is this all what it's cracked up to be?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm in university. I'm 19. I have a horrible family life. My brother is selfish. My other brother doesn't care. My sister is in the army. My mother is distant. My father is never there, when he talks to me I cannot respond in the way I would like to. I have no friends. I have a boyfriend and a relationship where I do all the running. I made mistakes in the past. I don't like not having any friends. I'm not spoilt. I don't have a lot of things and people just seem not to like me in most places. I spent my highschool years alone because everyone hated me. I was a lonely child but I always wanted friends. I've been there for people who just took advantage of me , took me for money or used me because their friends weren't speaking to them. I seem to just be a transitory person who people go to when they have problems with their own life, but it doesn't matter who I am to them... I am becoming more and more into myself and am spending a lot of time alone in my room and I hate this because I get terrible social phobias. i'm seeing a therapist but he doesn't help... once a week doesn't help at all... And sometimes it's only twice per month...

Look I'm alone. And I've tried hobbies and all that other stuff people do when they say they're alone.

Maybe i'm just destined to have a destitute life or something I don't know.

But I don't like it. If this is what life is supposed to be, I don't wanna live it any longer.

Hi,

I have a lot of social problems such as being the reject in class, taunted and occasionally hit. I know what you mean.

Life gets MUCH better as you get older. Once you are out of college, you'll see. I'm sorry your family has its problems, sounds like my family.

Keep hanging in there, thing will get better. I feel exactly the same way as you do. I always wanted to be an important part of the group but no one ever seemed to care when I was not involved.

So, others can relate to you!

lonelygirl said:
Hi,

I have a lot of social problems such as being the reject in class, taunted and occasionally hit. I know what you mean.

Life gets MUCH better as you get older. Once you are out of college, you'll see. I'm sorry your family has its problems, sounds like my family.

Keep hanging in there, thing will get better. I feel exactly the same way as you do. I always wanted to be an important part of the group but no one ever seemed to care when I was not involved.

So, others can relate to you!

Thanks.. I have been trying to think positive and stuff but.... I don't know I suppose just being here, not being able to get away from the problems (if i go some place my mother calls me to tell me to get home, something else has happened...) I grew up with violence, alcoholism, violence.. i can't trust people the way i'd like to because of everything in the past, bullies and that... I just want a normal life where i have people around and stuff... I don't know how I'm going to get out of this rut.. I've thought so much of moving out just to escape this terrible place but rent prices here are so high and a part time job just wouldn't cover the costs.. I don't know.. maybe i think too much, am alone too much with my thoughts... but things are so bad right now i keep thinking of some way i could just separate myself from here....

Guest said:
I'm in university.

i'm seeing a therapist but he doesn't help... once a week doesn't help at all... And sometimes it's only twice per month...

If your therapist isn't helping, you could try switching to another one. Also, many universities have support groups for people with depression, people who grew up with violent families or alcoholism, and many other things. Maybe you should look into those; you may find it helpful to talk with other people your age going through the same things, and you could meet some new people.

i typed 'i am so lonely' in google and ended up on this site. i am incredibly lonely and I never thought I'd have such a solitary life.  I typed in to google just 'cuz i just want to talk sometimes and there is never anyone to talk to. I have no one at all in my life. its been this way for so long that i'm starting to believe that this is all I'm ever gonna get out of life. I think that I am a good person... i try to treat people the way that I'd want to be treated; I'm honest; very educated and gainfully employed. Nonetheless, I do not have friends and i do not have anyone special in my life either. What's a 'date'? :)
All that I have in my life are a couple of pets that I love very much. If it were not for them, I dont know what I'd do.  I want conversation. I want laughter. I want to go to a restaurant WITH someone. There are millions of people in this world and its so depressing to think that none of them want anything to do with me. I deal with this fine most times, but then there are times when I'd sell my soul just to be able to talk with someone.

Guest,

Hi. That google thing was exactly what I did too, one week ago.
You've taken it this far, you've told us how you feel.

Register now, people will talk to you.

I have had more emails and PMs in the last week than I have had in my entire life.

I don't feel so alone anymore.

Hope to "talk" to you later

Latest posts

Back