Issue with my hotspot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
I'm using my hotspot on my phone,until the Comcast guy can get to my neighborhood from the hurricane,and it won't let me open up the YouTube,does anyone know why it's not letting me listen to any songs on there?

I'm using my hotspot on my phone,until the Comcast guy can get to my neighborhood from the hurricane,and it won't let me open up the YouTube,does anyone know why it's not letting me listen to any songs on there?

YouTube uses too much bandwidth, maybe?
And/or your hotspot is not as strong of a connection as regular plugged-in internet, or your normal home wifi network.

I'm not really a tech guy, so I don't really know. I'm just guessing.
I've noticed that when our internet isn't working well, less intensive/demanding sites (like this one) still work, while sites like Facebook and YouTube get stuck on loading until it times out.

Just a thought 🤔

Download the YouTube app and see how it works from the phone.

Else wise, the fish might be right. Try lowering the video quality under settings.

You know, when you said you were having trouble with your "hotspot" I was hoping it would be more biological than technical. ;)

Else wise, the fish might be right. Try lowering the video quality under settings.

^That's a good idea, worth a try (y)

Especially if you're mainly going to be using it to listen to music anyway, and the video itself isn't that important @sunflowergirl1306

For the time being, you could look up the versions of the songs that aren't the music video, but just the videos with a picture of the album cover, from the band's official channel. That's what I do most of the time anyway, because I usually don't just sit and watch music videos, I just listen while I do other things.

There could be issues with it through your network provider. Does it show some kind of message when you try YouTube?

Latest posts

Back