I've already replied to a few threads, but...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iWish

Reaction score
... I realized I needed to introduce myself.

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle.

I'm lonely. I guess that's a given, if I found this forum, but I just thought typing it would make me feel better.

Actually, if my friends knew I were in search of a community like this, they would be quite surprised, I think. I'm generally good at hiding my loneliness when I'm around others. But, for that reason, I'm currently dealing with these feelings on my own. And I'm not sure that's the best idea, seeing as the lonelier I get, the more I fall into a state of depression.

And I definitely don't want to be there again.

~~~~~~

I have spent a couple of hours browsing the various topics on the forums, and I have come across a few things.

1) I have not experienced as many emotionally damaging events as some of the other members have. I come from a good home, I have never been physically or sexually abused, and I have supportive friends. I have to echo what I saw someone else say on a thread; it makes my reasons for being here seem petty. But, I do believe that I need to be here, I need a support system that I can rely on so I am never again suicidal.

2) My loneliness is not centered around one thing, as I thought, but in fact encompasses many more parts of my life than I was aware. I thought that I felt lonely because of the lack of a relationship in my life, but I now realize that I'm also lonely because I feel I cannot open up to the people I call my friends, and I have not been making many close friends my first semester in college.

3) Everyone here seems so welcoming, and that is something I'm looking forward to experiencing first-hand. After high school ended, I lost the one friend I felt I could say anything too; the lack of that person in my life has caused me to keep a lot of things bottled up, and it's making me crazy. I just want to be open and honest with people again, so I don't feel so stressed and anxious all the time.

4) I am impressed with the wide variety of things that the regulars in the community discuss. I like how the forum is meant for a discussion of certain aspects of loneliness, but also leaves room for the members to share anything about their lives that makes them happy, sad, disappointed, or whatever.

I hope I will find what I'm looking for here, and I hope you all find comfort in this community as well.

Cheers,
D

iWish said:

I'm lonely. I guess that's a given, if I found this forum, but I just thought typing it would make me feel better.

Actually, if my friends knew I were in search of a community like this, they would be quite surprised, I think. I'm generally good at hiding my loneliness when I'm around others. But, for that reason, I'm currently dealing with these feelings on my own. And I'm not sure that's the best idea, seeing as the lonelier I get, the more I fall into a state of depression.

~~~~~~

I have spent a couple of hours browsing the various topics on the forums, and I have come across a few things.

1) I have not experienced as many emotionally damaging events as some of the other members have. I come from a good home, I have never been physically or sexually abused, and I have supportive friends. I have to echo what I saw someone else say on a thread; it makes my reasons for being here seem petty. But, I do believe that I need to be here, I need a support system that I can rely on so I am never again suicidal.

2) My loneliness is not centered around one thing, as I thought, but in fact encompasses many more parts of my life than I was aware. I thought that I felt lonely because of the lack of a relationship in my life, but I now realize that I'm also lonely because I feel I cannot open up to the people I call my friends, and I have not been making many close friends my first semester in college.

3) Everyone here seems so welcoming, and that is something I'm looking forward to experiencing first-hand. After high school ended, I lost the one friend I felt I could say anything too; the lack of that person in my life has caused me to keep a lot of things bottled up, and it's making me crazy. I just want to be open and honest with people again, so I don't feel so stressed and anxious all the time.

4) I am impressed with the wide variety of things that the regulars in the community discuss. I like how the forum is meant for a discussion of certain aspects of loneliness, but also leaves room for the members to share anything about their lives that makes them happy, sad, disappointed, or whatever.

I hope I will find what I'm looking for here, and I hope you all find comfort in this community as well.

Cheers,
D

Hey Danielle,

well, i think that everyone's reasons are legitimate, be they extremely harsh, or relatively less painful.
everyone deserves some attention, an ear and a shoulder at rough times.
so don't feel like you are less in need of support than other people.
everyone lives their own life, and everyone needs support.

and well - this IS one of the best places on the net that i know of, and the people here are wonderful. i think you'll see for yourself :)

(hugs)

i hope you will find what you are looking for :)

shade.

packyourbags said:
iWish said:

~~~~~~

Cheers,
D

Hey Danielle,

well, i think that everyone's reasons are legitimate, be they extremely harsh, or relatively less painful.

and well - this IS one of the best places on the net that i know of, and the people here are wonderful. i think you'll see for yourself :)

(hugs)

shade.

Thank you for your assurance! I am sure I'll feel less reserved about posting as time goes on.

(hugs)

D

iWish said:
packyourbags said:
iWish said:

~~~~~~

Cheers,
D

Hey Danielle,

(hugs)

shade.

Thank you for your assurance! I am sure I'll feel less reserved about posting as time goes on.

(hugs)

D

i hope so :)
(hugs)

Welcome to the forum Danielle!

We all have different backgrounds and problems that we have to deal with, and the loneliness that you feel is no less important than anyone elses here. Hope you find what you are looking for.

welcome to all :D

We're happy to see you here.

Please pop into chat sometime and say hello :)

URL link to chat => Chat.alonelylife.com

thank you guys for the warm welcome! I feel really great here.
I think I may start a new thread now.

Welcome to the forum, Danielle! :) (lol, I almost said, welcome to the club, doh). Hugs.
hugs_comment_graphic_05.gif

Latest posts

Back