I've lived one of the worst lives

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john5555

Reaction score
I've never had much of anything in my life. Most of my life has been suffering and waiting. Waiting for life to get good, but it never does. Waiting for my life to start. Waiting to stop suffering. It's terrible. You can think of anything you think is bad for you and chances are, that aspect of my life is worse than yours. I've always searched for an answer to this: Why is my life so terrible? Why is everyone else allowed to be happy and not me? I've waited for the answer and continue to do so. I've asked many people for the answer, but most people don't understand that question. Nobody understands me. I've spent thousands of hours waiting for this answer, and I still haven't found it yet. I hate waiting. All of my life has been for nothing. It makes me angry that all of this waiting is for nothing.

After looking back at all the time spent waiting for the answer, I've realized what humans are. Humans don't care about each other. People only care about themselves. They don't care a lot about themselves though. They are literally animals after all. What can you expect? One of the reasons why they don't care about each other is that they don't understand each other. People can't understand each other. Most people don't even understand themselves. The worst thing is when they think they're nice/caring/understanding, but they're not. It's disgusting. I was and am one of the nicest people I've ever known, yet my life was destroyed by other people. Most people are nto nice. People who often think they're nice. People who regret what they've done to me and think an apology is enough. After years of torment, I've learned to dislike people. I hate when they apologize for how they've ruined my life. 

People are greedy at everything. They mask their greed and evil with polite words like "thank you" and "please", but they are still monsters in the inside.

There is no justice in this world. All my suffering is for nothing. I hate the idea of religion too. I hate it because it's not true. I wish it was real. I wish there was a heaven and a hell. Then, my suffering wouldn't be for nothing. But that's only a fairy tail. The reality is bad people AKA normal people will all be happy for causing my suffering while people like me will suffer for no reason. I was born with little chance of happiness. I've always been below average at everything. I've been at the bottom of everything. Most people don't understand or believe when I say that. I've never had anything. I've only had sadness, longing, and pain. That's all I've had-nothing. I hate it.

It's not people's fault they've ruined me though. There's no free will. This is a fact. I was simply not born to be happy. The world is against me. My existence is against myself. I understand there's not much I can do about my suffering. It will continue to destroy my life. Everything results in a consequence for me. I don't know why. That's simply my life. The world has been designed to make me suffer. I will have to continue this suffering called life.

I've been rejected by almost everybody, but that is only one of my problems. I've learned to live with it. My main problems are much more basic. Everything you take for granted is what I struggle with. Food, place to live, money, and health. This is where all of my problems stem from. My problem is money. If you have enough money in this world, you'll be happy. Not all of us were born middle class or even lower class though.
Most people were able to live a normal childhood and adulthood. They went to bed with a full stomach, had friends, watched tv, read books, lived in a house/apartment, etc... I never had any of this. Every time I tried to get a normal life I was only put down. There wasn't enough money for food, a home, or entertainment in my childhood and still. I'd get bullied by kids at school if I tried to make friends so eventually I stopped trying and sat alone. There was nothing I could've done about the money problem. My life is much worse than this. I've made it sound too simple. I was never smart either.

Edit: I'm not making this thread for people to pity me. I guess I want an answer, but there is none.

Man, you're in an unenviable space. However I'm not buying the "...never smart either." thing. You express yourself too clearly for that to be true.

There's a next step for you but I don't know what it is. Keep coming back here, maybe something will come up that'll lead to a change of attitude on your part. I hope so.

Hey John,
You are right about everything.
But you see.
You dont look at others or outside yourself.
You dont search outside you search inside.
Find the good in you and not with others.
I feel the same. People are indeed selfish and mean. And you know whats worst? I have to accept that even my kids are mean. I know I shouldnt be saying that but thats the truth. You just have to live in your own way. Make the life you have always wanted. Your life not your neighbor. Search. Search figure out what can make you happy small things. Not the big ones because its impossible. Always remember life is very short so you might as well make the most of everything now. Dont wait just do now. Waiting will cause you pain and will make you old. Find the small things that will make you happy and do it , have it.

Dont worry brother you are not the only one going through the same thing.
Look and search in your heart and not others.

Godspeed!!

Hope you start to find what you're looking for. You're not worthless and you're not the only one. I see a lot of myself in this. It's tough to write something like that when you're used to people being judgmental.

Welcome to the forums,

I have no real advice to give other then to say you need to stop waiting for things to become better and actively make them better yourself, it willnot be easy and you will not see change or feel better overnight, but in time you will. You don't need to become friendly with those that hurt you, but you need to let it go,not forget it,just let it go and learn to look forward.

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your honesty, I know a lot of people will relate. Life is not fair, you are right.

You are also right that people are selfish in this world, maybe its time you got a bit selfish and made yourself a happy little life, thatss how I'm approaching it now.

Not looking for a partner or friends IRL anymore, just want a little flat thats on a road safe for my cats, plants, films, books, netflicks, comedy and my 'old banger' car. Some of these things are material, yes, its true enough money to get by is required. Its harder as a single person too, double income makes it easier for most people.

BUT, people in our situation don't have to put up with all the honeysuckle couples/families have to. What I'm trying to do is take a 'true and honest' look at everyone's life around me... those that have the big material things are most likely in mountains of debt (well in UK that is) to have those things and because of their small minded attitudes, take on more material debts just to keep up with everyone else. Those who have kids seem to always be screaming at them and the kids are out of control. A big property just needs lots of cleaning and a posh car is expensive to insure, never mind the anxiety of any little scratch that might get on it. Having a career is stressful, people leave the house in the dark in the morning and come home in the dark night.... never see daylight from their 'cubicle' office. These offices are full of gossips and back stabbing anyway. When I see it in black and white like this, what kind of life is that.

Yes,I have chronic loneliness... but I also have chronic FREEDOM

I speak only from my perspective, because its not for me to tell you how to think or feel.

(P.S I am not always this philosophically positive by the way, it does get painful a lot of the time, I guess the meds are working today LOL!)

Latest posts

Back