Jealousy (she's got pictures)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bereaved

Reaction score
We're dating. We've said our I love you's. I believe her. Now she's posted a new album of photos in Facebook. What's bugging me are the pics of her and my bestfriend lying in the field together. That's what WE do.

How old are you and your girl? This question is entirely pertinent to what I'm going to say about your situation.

I take it you must be a teen...maybe early teens...and here's why:

They're just laying together in a ******* field. When I read the title of this thread, I was expecting you to be talking about sex pics or something. That would have been justifiable. Honestly...Just because she's sitting in some grass with your friend doesn't mean anything. You're reading too much into this, I think.

My advice? Drop the drama and move on. Work to make your time with her extra special...that way, she won't forget you and she'll enjoy being around you more.

----Steve

Thanks for the advice. Really.

Badjedidude said:
How old are you and your girl? This question is entirely pertinent to what I'm going to say about your situation.

I take it you must be a teen...maybe early teens...and here's why:

They're just laying together in a ******* field. When I read the title of this thread, I was expecting you to be talking about sex pics or something. That would have been justifiable. Honestly...Just because she's sitting in some grass with your friend doesn't mean anything. You're reading too much into this, I think.

My advice? Drop the drama and move on. Work to make your time with her extra special...that way, she won't forget you and she'll enjoy being around you more.

----Steve

I kind of agree with Jedi. It's just some grass pictures. No different than her taking random pictures in a store, or at the beach. She can be anywhere with anyone if she wants. However, if they were doing something, then I'd be worried. But since it seems like she wasn't, don't even make an issue out of it. If it really means so much to you, I'd tell her. Other than that, leave it be. Don't start something over nothing.

to be honest,

LOL,

i think i would be pretty aggravated if my girl posted an album of pictures with her laying in a field with my best friend.

i mean, WTF is that all about? there is DEFINITELY some hidden meaning there.

then again, maybe i should just shut up and not ... ya ... don't listen to me.

carry on.

good luck! :D

Like VanillaCreme said, it depends on the content of the picture. If they are both just in the same place then it is no big deal.

It would bother me, too. I wouldn't assume anything, but I'd certainly find a nice calm way to mention that it bothered me.

Honestly, it would bother me as well, but then again, I am ragingly insecure, and have some serious trust issues, or so people tell me.

You might try asking her about it. I'd suggest that you go for as casual an approach as you can, there's nothing that sets off alarms in a person's head like feeling as though she's being subjected to a Grand Inquisition.

Good luck. It's possible that there is an innocent explanation.

field? lying? in? it?

next to each other? close? very close? touching? idk.. hard to tell for me..

what are they like together outside THE FIELD? how much time do they spend together? what does your gut tell you?

i trusted my 'other' and she wasn't big on my best friend so idk..

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions, that might get out of hand and cause problems that weren't there to begin with. i would remain calm and try and sort out whether there really is anything to be worried about.. talking to her like ctf said sounds like a good idea and i double the 'casual' part.. being accusatory right of the bat has a tendancy to turn into war..

but, more talk is more information for you..

you maybe jealous of the time that she doesn't spend with you, i think thats quite healthy and natural, especially at the begining of a relationship as long as you don't let it lead your actions without any thought..

i think that feeling insecure is also ok and natural.. if you're opening your heart to someone the fear that comes with the vulnerability means your human..

bottom line.. 'keep an eye on the situation' and trust yourself

It all depends on what they were doing (in the picture) and how they have taken pictures and what was the situation and who all were there with them while it was taken. If a casual one snapped by another friend then nothing to worry. If a pic where they are lying close to each other or something and taken by themselves, then uhm.. not very comfortable thing.

If your comfortable with it. Post the pictures here. Then the folks here can get a better idea of wether you have reason for concern or not.

shells said:
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be bothered by it, if it were my boyfriend.

I'd be bothered with it too, but for the sake of not trying to put the worst case-scenario in his mind, I'm remaining calm about it. Still, bothered or not, it does depend on what the picture looks like. Like Zak said.

VanillaCreme said:
shells said:
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be bothered by it, if it were my boyfriend.

I'd be bothered with it too, but for the sake of not trying to put the worst case-scenario in his mind, I'm remaining calm about it. Still, bothered or not, it does depend on what the picture looks like. Like Zak said.
I agree, and kinda don't agree.

I mean, if I was there with them, I wouldn't really care. But if it was alone, with a good friend of mine? If that was the case, I'm just saying I'd be bothered by it.

I wouldn't drive myself crazy trying to decipher a picture - I'd rather just confront my boyfriend about it and talk about it. I wouldn't start pointing fingers, just talk about it to ease my nerves more than anything

OK...here's a question that no one has asked yet...

Ummm...is her HER friend too?? Have they been friends for a while?

EveWasFramed said:

I didn't even think of that. Good point, Eve... If it's her friend too, then, there's not much else to be said about it.

VanillaCreme said:
EveWasFramed said:

I didn't even think of that. Good point, Eve... If it's her friend too, then, there's not much else to be said about it.

:p I have a niece who has a lot of guy friends. It sounds like something she'd do...just hang out...in a field....taking pics. :p For no particular reason other than "hanging out." :p

Latest posts

Back