Job References

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ovid said:
If you are studying or fresh out of school / uni, then definitely go to the lecturers that had you for most / some of your units. I did this at the end of my degree. Asked 3 lecturers if I was allowed to list them as references they said it was perfectly fine and they get asked a lot.

Had some employers phone said references (full well knowing they were my previous lecturers and not employers). The thing is, lecturers will usually always say good things about previous students (the more alumni that get work, the better the school looks, the more secure their job is).

It works until you get industry ones anyway.

man, its horribly exhausting being anti-social. i hate doing this kind of crap. blah.

heretostay said:
man, its horribly exhausting being anti-social. i hate doing this kind of crap. blah.

I am probably not as anti-social as yourself, but I hated doing such things as well. Many people do. It will be worth it though. I can guarantee you that if you really try you will have some references, and if you are really lucky a nice 'letter of recommendation' that does not look like its one of those template deals in no time. Good luck out there.

Latest posts

Back