just joined

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieDarlin

Reaction score
First off, hello everyone!

Boy, I get so tired of being by myself sometimes, I can't stand it! I haven't lived in my new city even a year yet, and though I've kinda made SOME form of friendship with my co-workers, none of them are the kind that I could ever really hang with outside the workplace. Y'know? Situational friendships I guess they're called haha :D.

I really don't think alot of people "get me". My family doesn't get why I just can't go out and do "normal stuff" like go shopping or eat out by myself, but I'm too shy! :( And I hate doing things by myself! Working at night doesn't help either, in order to stay sane I have to sleep in on my days off as well. Not much to do at night but watch tv and surf the web. Never been one to have many friends, I mean I'm nice to everyone but I guess I lack the "friendship aura" or something LOL :D.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, I always tend to do that online. It's so much easier for me to write stuff online than it is to tell it you face-to-face! Ciao! :p

DixieDarlin said:
First off, hello everyone!

Boy, I get so tired of being by myself sometimes, I can't stand it! I haven't lived in my new city even a year yet, and though I've kinda made SOME form of friendship with my co-workers, none of them are the kind that I could ever really hang with outside the workplace. Y'know? Situational friendships I guess they're called haha :D.

I really don't think alot of people "get me". My family doesn't get why I just can't go out and do "normal stuff" like go shopping or eat out by myself, but I'm too shy! :( And I hate doing things by myself! Working at night doesn't help either, in order to stay sane I have to sleep in on my days off as well. Not much to do at night but watch tv and surf the web. Never been one to have many friends, I mean I'm nice to everyone but I guess I lack the "friendship aura" or something LOL :D.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, I always tend to do that online. It's so much easier for me to write stuff online than it is to tell it you face-to-face! Ciao! :p

Hey Darlin', I'm Caesium, it's nice to meet you :)
I know what you mean about the whole "situational friendships" thing. In my school, I get on ok with people when we have to work together on something, and people will talk to me when they need help with something, but as soon as school ends, I cease to exist.

I'm sure things will get better for us one day, and that the tides will turn in our favour. Welcome to ALL.com, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Working nights - check
Avoiding shopping - check
Family who doesn't get you - check
CO-workers who are friendly but don't want a sdingle thing to do with you once the day is done - check

Yeah, I know.

Hello from a fellow newbie.

I sympathise with much of what you say and hope that you aren't being too hard on yourself as a result of these difficulties.

Latest posts

Back