kali yuga

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moose

Reaction score
In Hindu teachings they believe that life goes in cycles and that we are now in the Kali Yuga (the age of vice)..
Of this age they say things like..
"....rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly. Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world..
and
...greed and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of the virtuous path will occur. People will have thoughts of murder for no justification and they will see nothing wrong with that mind-set. Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable, and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life, with the result that even 13 to 16-year old girls will get pregnant. Sin will increase exponentially, whilst virtue will fade and cease to flourish. People will take vows only to break them soon after. People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs."

hmm sounds like the place I live in!
I do not follow any religion but I like to read up on them.

Seems pretty accurate to me. This is really not my kind of age. Is it any wonder I more greatly value my own imagination and living in my head then that of the real world?

And I think you have the right attitude. You have a mind that is skeptical, but also capable of exploring.

[youtube]CpDWCznrojU[/youtube]
[youtube]eCU2_BHGthw[/youtube]

Phaedron said:
Seems pretty accurate to me. This is really not my kind of age. Is it any wonder I more greatly value my own imagination and living in my head then that of the real world?

And I think you have the right attitude. You have a mind that is skeptical, but also capable of exploring.

I read that the kali age is a time of testing and where we have to be at our strongest...
without the dark times how do we know what good times are? But I think,"come on nature enough of the dark times already..you've proved yer point..well done A+ and all that..now restore some f***ing balance!"

good music there thanks!

Sanal said:
I belong to that religion
respect to you:cool:

There is a very long discussion of Kali-Yuga and the Vedes in the youtube comments area. About 8 pages or so I believe. Something I found a bit peculiar:

In Satya yuga people lived 100,000 years. In Treta yuga people lived 10,000 years. In Dwarpa yuga people lived for 1,000 years. But now in Kali yuga people live but short lives of 100 years at best. Towards the end of Kali yuga people will be eating their own children, I am not joking. It will be so bad that people will live 50 yrs at best. This is already happening a in parts of the world, like Africa

#
ragman2008 It is 25 years avg human life at peak of KAli yuga
People will be short and unhealthy
You are right

427000 years to go
It started in 3102 BC, when Krsna left the earth
Kali yuga regime (as kingdom and government) began by the Nanda dynasty- Nanda was the son of a barber and of illegitimate relationship

Phaedron said:
There is a very long discussion of Kali-Yuga and the Vedes in the youtube comments area. About 8 pages or so I believe. Something I found a bit peculiar:

In Satya yuga people lived 100,000 years. In Treta yuga people lived 10,000 years. In Dwarpa yuga people lived for 1,000 years. But now in Kali yuga people live but short lives of 100 years at best. Towards the end of Kali yuga people will be eating their own children, I am not joking. It will be so bad that people will live 50 yrs at best. This is already happening a in parts of the world, like Africa

#
ragman2008 It is 25 years avg human life at peak of KAli yuga
People will be short and unhealthy
You are right

427000 years to go
It started in 3102 BC, when Krsna left the earth
Kali yuga regime (as kingdom and government) began by the Nanda dynasty- Nanda was the son of a barber and of illegitimate relationship
yeah i've read lot's of weird things about the kali yuga..a total celebration of despair and madness,perverse to the extreme..
It would make a great movie..just as long as they don't ruin it by casting Jack Nicholson as Kali.

im not religious at all and to be honest i dont really like what we have done with religion as an "intelligent" species. in all honesty it somewhat scares me what people have done and will do in the name of religion. i do however find it interesting. it does feel more and more like we are getting into what was originally described in this thread. maybe thats why ive always felt out of place, maybe this isnt the "age" for me. who knows? makes you think though.

i don't practice any religion but I like to read the ideas behind them..some of the kali yuga writings rings true to me..the thing is i think i'm meant to be here and i just got to deal with it.