Kind of a newbie...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paperclip

I registered a long time ago and only posted a couple times and then disappeared off the face of the earth...so I'm going to introduce myself again :)

I'm a 25 year old art student right now. I'm supposed to be graduating this year - hooray for me I guess. I'm living in Las Vegas, Nevada currently.

I am so lonely. I have no friends and I don't even talk to my roommate most days (she basically only sleeps here, and I basically never leave here). I feel completely alone and completely isolated from everyone else. I just find it so difficult to talk to people and make friends. The only place I can really talk to people is online :( Even when I try to go to social events that I'm interested in I can't bring myself to do much more but sit in the corner and watch everyone else have fun. I'm desperate to not feel so lonely :( Tonight was the first time in a very long time that I've really realized how lonely I actually am. I just cried and cried from all the sadness.

I used to be really outgoing, with friends and things to do. But for the past 10 years I've just found it impossible to connect with other people. I don't know what happened to me.

I'm glad to be here. I hope being here will help me :(

Hi Paperclip, first of all, WELCOME BACK!!!

I know what you mean. Like totally breakdown and being at the corner like a shadow in social occasions. For example, last Wednesday, we were assigned to a group work, and at the end of the class, one of my group mates explained to me that we were going to have a group presentation and stuff. And I was like, "Yeah, I know." She replied, "Were you in class???" Funny, eh??

You're lucky that you have the chance to express your mood, like cry and stuff. I can't do that here. Well, mainly because everyone here at home thinks I'm a random idiot.

I'm just like you, more of a typer than a speaker :p

Good luck for all of us!

Take care :D

Hey, nice to meet you. I pretty much am in the same situation as you've described. Well, I'm no longer a student, but I'm socially isolated and don't really connect with anyone and find it hard to make friends etc. Hope you feel less lonely by joining this site. :)

Hey,Paperclip, howr u today?
I like ur nikname and avatar. Don't worry ur not alone
I used to be really outgoing, with friends and things to do. But for the past 10 years I've just found it impossible to connect with other people. I don't know what happened to me.

im 26 and used to be outgoing.....dont know what happened to me either. I dont feel like meeting anybody anyway.I just lost interest in ppl. As for u, maybe there was some particular event that changed u? I hope u make friends here. :) and feel better.

hey and welcome back :)

I hope this site gives you some company and helps with your lonliness :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) I'm so glad to be back here, among people I know will understand what I'm going through :)

Latest posts

Back