"Kitchen Nightmares" Has Me Feeling Reluctant To Eat Out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the man critiques hotels and everything. I'm waiting for the show where Gordon critiques something just insane like...an OBGYN office. And makes another $6 mil an episode.

Ironically, he opened a restaurant in my city, his city, Glasgow. Amaryllis it was called. I actually got a job there but didn't take it - but only because i was offered a job away from home and wanted to try that. The restaurant failed and closed down.

Shipster0958 said:
Now the man critiques hotels and everything. I'm waiting for the show where Gordon critiques something just insane like...an OBGYN office. And makes another $6 mil an episode.
Could you imagine Ramsay being a judge on "American Idol"?

Scotsman said:
Ironically, he opened a restaurant in my city, his city, Glasgow. Amaryllis it was called. I actually got a job there but didn't take it - but only because i was offered a job away from home and wanted to try that. The restaurant failed and closed down.

Now you'de definitely want to be taking advice from a 'celebrity chef' whose own restaurant failed...... not

LoneKiller said:
Shipster0958 said:
Could you imagine Ramsay being a judge on "American Idol"?

Watch out Simon Cowell. Ramsay will vomit in a bucket every time someone sings off key.

Funnily enough, American idol (and british shows of the same ilk) would be vastly improved by someone shouting 'f*** off' every five minutes.

Scotsman said:
Funnily enough, American idol (and british shows of the same ilk) would be vastly improved by someone shouting 'f*** off' every five minutes.

He could tell someone their singing voice reeks of hot donkey nuts covered in salt.

Reminds me of that scene in Clerks 2 where they make the food for the annoying guy, but he rejects it and it goes to Jay and Silent Bob.

Which reminds me, never grab free hamburgers that someone else has turned their nose up at.

Scotsman said:
Kitchen nightmares follows the exact same narrative structure every episode. Failing business (obviously) borderline rotten food, filthy kitchen, someone not happy he's there, chef walks out, chef comes back, relaunch night packed out because Gordon is there, relaunch gets off to good start, hits a bump, finishes well. Everybody loves Gordon, Gordon fucks off.

It is very repetitive. The only different episode I've seen was Amy's Baking Company.

66247900251bff7fc05175.jpg

Some people are beyond help... Actually about half of the restorants end up closing some time after Gordon leaves.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Reminds me of that scene in Clerks 2 where they make the food for the annoying guy, but he rejects it and it goes to Jay and Silent Bob.

Which reminds me, never grab free hamburgers that someone else has turned their nose up at.
Great movie! I believe you are referring to "Pickle ******".

LoneKiller said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Yep, lol.

I love that movie. I got the Special Edition recently. When it came out, I watched the whole thing on YouTube and almost died laughing (especially at the Kinky Kelly scene.)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LoneKiller said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Yep, lol.

I love that movie. I got the Special Edition recently. When it came out, I watched the whole thing on YouTube and almost died laughing (especially at the Kinky Kelly scene.)
That Kinky Kelly scene was awesome! One of my favorite parts is when Randal and that customer get into an argument over which is better. Return Of The Jedi or Lord Of The Rings.

I have yet to see the first Clerks, but I really want to. Should I see it?

I've heard it's even funnier and more classic than the second one.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to Clerks 3, which is coming out soon. Kevin Smith posted the first page of the rough draft on his Facebook page a couple months ago.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I have yet to see the first Clerks, but I really want to. Should I see it?

I've heard it's even funnier and more classic than the second one.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to Clerks 3, which is coming out soon. Kevin Smith posted the first page of the rough draft on his Facebook page a couple months ago.
I think you would like it. It's filmed in black and white. It's more of a dry humor than the 2nd, but still an entertaining movie nevertheless.

I love Black and White.

One of my favorite horror movies is the film adaption of Stephen King's "The Mist." I have the 2 DVD set, with one DVD in color and the other in Black and White. It's scarier in black and white, seems more real.

And I'm a huge classics movies fan, like stuff from the 30's with Gary Cooper, Marilyn Monroe, etc.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I love Black and White.

One of my favorite horror movies is the film adaption of Stephen King's "The Mist." I have the 2 DVD set, with one DVD in color and the other in Black and White. It's scarier in black and white, seems more real.

And I'm a huge classics movies fan, like stuff from the 30's with Gary Cooper, Marilyn Monroe, etc.
King makes great movies. I've always liked Misery. I haven't really watched any from around the 30's, but some people laugh when I tell them that I think the "Wizrd Of Oz" is one of the best films ever made.

Latest posts

Back