"Kitchen Nightmares" Has Me Feeling Reluctant To Eat Out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wizard Of Oz is the bomb!

And generally, yes, but there are some pretty awful SK movies, too. The main one that made me have a WTF? moment was Dreamcatcher. Great book, awful movie. If you watch that, prepare to be tickled with laughter at how stupid it is, than scared by any special effects. I was facepalming the whole time.

I am fascinated by Marilyn Monroe. The fact that she was a genius despite being incredibly mentally unstable, and also how she battled with anxiety and depression. She's one of the dead celebrities that I would have liked to have met.

I feel like I hijacked your thread. Sorry man.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The Wizard Of Oz is the bomb!

And generally, yes, but there are some pretty awful SK movies, too. The main one that made me have a WTF? moment was Dreamcatcher. Great book, awful movie. If you watch that, prepare to be tickled with laughter at how stupid it is, than scared by any special effects. I was facepalming the whole time.

I am fascinated by Marilyn Monroe. The fact that she was a genius despite being incredibly mentally unstable, and also how she battled with anxiety and depression. She's one of the dead celebrities that I would have liked to have met.

I feel like I hijacked your thread. Sorry man.
Nah. That's cool man. I think that we both did. I know that some people get really pissed when a thread is taken off course, but I post here because I enjoy conversation. If it takes a thread of mine to be hijacked in order to have a pleasant discussion, then that means more to me. Any pleasant discussion is better than being alone with nobody to share thoughts with.

Felix said:
66247900251bff7fc05175.jpg

I've seen that one, haha. Weird deluded woman.

In honor of the threadjacking...

The funniest part of Clerks 2 is the pillow pants kid. He cracked me up.

I've never seen Gordon Ramsay's show, but if it's like what I've seen of other so-called reality shows, then those sanitation nightmares that Ramsay tackles are 90% out of whole cloth.

Having said that, I was a dishwasher & sometimes food prep guy in a little Italian restaurant in my hometown, many years ago. If my experience there was any guide...avoid cheap Chinese restaurants like the plague. There was one right next door to us & a couple times, it was an eye-opener.

I've worked at few restaurants in high school... Man...!!! I couldn't eat out for a year after I left this one restaurant... Some of the crap that went on behind the closed door... I'm sure they're not an "isolated incident"... Some of the pizza joints ain't all that much better either...

As for food now a days killing us slowly, I wonder why average life span now is far greater than what it used to be... I know, I know, medical improvements... But you figure laws of statistics would even that out... Yeah, people are getting better treatments by doctors but foods we eat are killing us faster, well, faster than they used to... Going by average, shouldn't they cancel each other out & average life span stay the same? I'm no expert but just can't help but to wonder...

Gotta be careful anywhere. I remember when I was working the fast food industry. My coworkers would get mad because I wanted to detail clean things every night (like we were supposed to!), they'd be pissed if they had to clock out 10 minutes later. idiots

Latest posts

Back