Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
condemnedsoul666 said:

I'm not strange, dude. Just ahead of the curve.

There is nothing strange about my statement. I just find the attitude of this thread to be a little disturbing. I'm not trying to be funny. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with having a thread like this. Showing a picture is humanising. We see the faces of those we're interacting with. It makes it more real, if you understand my meaning. I posted my pic just to come across as more human, not just a name and words on a screen.

But I read some of the posts and, no offence to anyone in attendance, I don't understand when it became okay to sit at a computer screen ogling pictures of attractive young women. I apologise, but that just bothers me. Some of the women on here are, let's not sugar coat it, beautiful, but I'm not going to sit here all sexually frustrated and make lewd comments at them.

That's my opinion. It'll probably go down like a ton of bricks, but I was raised to be a gentleman and to respect women and I find what goes on here unsettling.

I await the influx of hatred patiently...

jean-vic said:
But I read some of the posts and, no offence to anyone in attendance, I don't understand when it became okay to sit at a computer screen ogling pictures of attractive young women. I apologise, but that just bothers me. Some of the women on here are, let's not sugar coat it, beautiful, but I'm not going to sit here all sexually frustrated and make lewd comments at them.

That's my opinion. It'll probably go down like a ton of bricks, but I was raised to be a gentleman and to respect women and I find what goes on here unsettling.

Nothing wrong with that.

jean-vic said:

I await the influx of hatred patiently...

I was raised to be a gentleman, but I do not believe that complimenting a woman on her beauty is a necessary indication of crudeness. People are lovely and its nothing wrong to make it known of that fact, if it does not make them uncomfortable.

IgnoredOne said:
I was raised to be a gentleman, but I do not believe that complimenting a woman on her beauty is a necessary indication of crudeness. People are lovely and its nothing wrong to make it known of that fact, if it does not make them uncomfortable.

No, it's not. You're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with complimenting a woman. But the statements made can go a bit beyond the line at times. Let's just say, I feel like I'm in a nightclub. No one's going to tell me that what a lad says to an attractive girl in a nightclub is complimentary. It's sexually motivated and self-serving. Oh, and bellitling.

And I've known girls in my time who were beautiful. I mean, beautiful. Take your breath away, cloudy picture, harps playing beautiful, and they were so insecure they found "love" in the arms of random men who disrespected them by sleeping with them and casting them off. Fair enough, the girls were partly to blame, but their vulnerability was obvious. No self-respecting girl would behave like that, and lads know it. You're not unintelligent. Surely you must know it as well. What can I say, I see some vulnerable gazelles and hungry lions around.

Like I say, I've been raised around women all my life and I have been raised to certain standards of behaviour. Some of the things that have been said on here just bother me. Again, I apologise if that offends people, but my beliefs are my beliefs. I'm not expecting anything to change.

jean-vic said:
No, it's not. You're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with complimenting a woman. But the statements made can go a bit beyond the line at times. Let's just say, I feel like I'm in a nightclub. No one's going to tell me that what a lad says to an attractive girl in a nightclub is complimentary. It's sexually motivated and self-serving. Oh, and bellitling.

Do you know the mind of every lad in a club? I don't. I've been in seedier VIP parties and I've complimented girls for being pretty without any necessary need to have sex with them. Is it sexually motivated? You mean, do I use my hormones as part of the judging process? Of course. But that's being human.

It doesn't make me less of a gentleman to also be aware that someone is lovely, and inform them of it. Just because I appreciate their physical appearance, does not mean that I do not also think tha they may have much more interesting that is not obvious to the eye.

jean-vic said:
Like I say, I've been raised around women all my life and I have been raised to certain standards of behaviour. Some of the things that have been said on here just bother me. Again, I apologise if that offends people, but my beliefs are my beliefs. I'm not expecting anything to change.

That might just mean that you were raised with a more feminine set of behavior. I've been raised with ancient honor codes of genteel behavior and I don't think that it has anything to do, persay, with being around women all the time.

IgnoredOne said:
Do you know the mind of every lad in a club? I don't. I've been in seedier VIP parties and I've complimented girls for being pretty without any necessary need to have sex with them. Is it sexually motivated? You mean, do I use my hormones as part of the judging process? Of course. But that's being human.

It doesn't make me less of a gentleman to also be aware that someone is lovely, and inform them of it. Just because I appreciate their physical appearance, does not mean that I do not also think tha they may have much more interesting that is not obvious to the eye.

That might just mean that you were raised with a more feminine set of behavior. I've been raised with ancient honor codes of genteel behavior and I don't think that it has anything to do, persay, with being around women all the time.

You seem to be taking a great deal of offence at a comment that wasn't even directed at you, mate. I have never seen you behave in an inappropriate way to any woman on here. Others have though.

I never claimed to know the minds of every lad in a nightclub, but I've never seen a lad yet walk up to an attractive girl, tell her she's pretty and then walk off. I've seen a lot of lads call a girl pretty and then 3 hours later take the girl back home for some after hours fun. My mates have done it. I've had to hear so many times about my mates sleeping with a girl and not bothering with her again. If you're now denying the way the majority of lads behave in nightclubs, I would have to say that you're arguing with me for the sheer sake of it.

Nothing wrong with appreciating someone's beauty. But there is appreciation, and there is ogling. You know the difference and you know it goes on here and again, I have not once been referring to you.

Granted, studies have shown that men who were raised predominantly around women do show more feminine traits but exude no less masculine traits. Mate, I have all the same urges as other men and that is not in question. But being around women gives you an insight into how they think. I see women every day and I can read them. You know how many times I have been able to spot a girl at work is bothered about something because I can read the subtle expressions on her face, the slight variations in her behaviour? It often comes as a surprise and often leads to them asking how I knew, but after 22 years of women, you come to understand them on a deeper level, a level that usually only women understand. So, I have had my grandad impart to me the way men should behave, the way a gentleman should behave, and I abide by that with pride as I'm sure you do, but I have had the added experience of being around women my entire life to such an extent that I have the added benefit of understanding them. My knowledge of women has taught me what women want men to be, how they want to be treated, what their expectations are etc. And I know, some things that have been said, any self-respecting woman does not want to hear it.

However, you obviously do not like the assertion I've made and that is absolutely fine, but mate, don't take it so personally. My qualm is not with you.

I enjoy debate for the sake of it, rather than any offense taken. I agree with you that a number of men behave in truly ugly and animal ways. No personal offense is taken or intended.

IgnoredOne said:
I enjoy debate for the sake of it, rather than any offense taken. I agree with you that a number of men behave in truly ugly and animal ways. No personal offense is taken or intended.

Then I apologise for insinuating that you were offended. No offence was taken or intended on my part, either. And there is nothing like a debate to get the juices flowing. ;)

IgnoredOne said:
jean-vic said:

jean-vic said:

Men love to use the excuse that it's human to look at beautiful women (even if they have a wife) because they're graphic, it's ALL visual for them but obviously jean-vic isn't human then lolololol

I find it hard just to like someone based on looks, and I only compliment people without having an ulterior motive.
So i guess I ain't human either, and I don't give a fresia;)

There is nothing worse than being human. We are a vile, cruel species. We are the most flawed of all creatures, to be blessed with conscious thought and to use it as we do. Still, I am human, and I am subject to the same desires and passions as all humans, but I know how to control myself, how to behave. Doesn't mean the potential isn't within me.

I am human, but I'm ahead of the curve. ;)

Whats wrong with going against your nature, I just don't care for humanity as an idea, you know what they say, 'ignorance is bliss', so let me slip on my headphones, blast some screamo and be a part of the uneccessity that is my life;)

Yeah! said:
I dunno, a lot of monkeys throw poop, that's pretty vile.

Don't humans, just not in a literal sense? Afghanistan... that was a steaming wad of fecal matter. And don't get me started on the Harry Potter franchise.... ;)

condemnedsoul666 said:
Whats wrong with going against your nature, I just don't care for humanity as an idea, you know what they say, 'ignorance is bliss', so let me slip on my headphones, blast some screamo and be a part of the uneccessity that is my life;)

Dude, I am going against my nature. That's why I'm ahead of the curve. You need to accept your humanity and reject it in kind. That is what it means to be Homo Superior (and I don't mean the huge gay guy who has muscles so big he could beat any straight man up). ;)

condemnedsoul666 said:
I find it hard just to like someone based on looks, and I only compliment people without having an ulterior motive.
So i guess I ain't human either, and I don't give a fresia;)

Congratulations to you and jeanvic. Have you heard of men or women saying that women are so powerful in some ways? You know why? Because women can use their physical beauty to bring cause a downfall in every facet of his life. I'm sure you've known of stories like that. Of how women use lust, their body for their personal gains and left the man with nothing, not even his last confidence.

This is because men value physical beauty over everything. Men use money and status to buy this beauty. Which is why whenever you see an old, fat, bald ugly looking man with a beautiful woman, the first thing that crosses your mind is : he's loaded.

Women know this power and they use it. Which is why on Facebook, you find tonnes and tonnes of seductive pics of themselves. There is a reason. Sometimes I'm in a computer lab and I see guys just sitting at their computers, oggling at pictures after pictures of girls on Facebook.

So if you are not one of these men, congrats, you will not fall into the trap of these women.

@jean-vic
That's what I basically said about it, I knew what you meant, I usually end up not making sense because I immerse myself in my own thoughts too much.

Latest posts

Back