Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not entirely comfortable with the above statement.

Not only have I posted my picture in this thread, I think I'm literally the only person in the entire forum who has my picture as my avatar.
For your assertion to be true that would require me to have considered myself pretty. First of all, I'm not that disgustingly arrogant, secondly, I'm way too long in the tooth for it to matter how I look. I care more for who I am. Thirdly, assuming it does matter then like every other human I look at myself and don't see pretty or handsome. I see a tired, ageing and unhappy face. Fourthly, I posted my picture here because I have absolutely no problems with exposing who I am both physically and emotionally. I didn't post it because I deemed myself 'pretty'. If I'm going out I, like everyone else, like to scrub up well and I, like everyone else would hope a special someone might find me attractive. I didn't post a picture because I thought 'yeah, you're hot, show people' my perception of myself tells me very different.

I know you just made a passing comment with zero malice intended but it hit a nerve and made me do something that in some ways doesn't reflect well, it made me wonder what people think. A forum of strangers. So in defence of myself and others if they agree - my physical appearance, and more importantly my own perception of my physical appearance had no bearing on my decision to do that.

If I find myself attractive in any way, and i very often don't,then that's because of who I am, not my physical form.

I just had to get that off my chest. Like I said, I know you didn't say it with any malice and given that I don't know everyone's motivations, I can't say you're wrong. But I can speak for me.

Scotsman said:

Not only have I posted my picture in this thread, I think I'm literally the only person in the entire forum who has my picture as my avatar.
For your assertion to be true that would require me to have considered myself pretty. First of all, I'm not that disgustingly arrogant, secondly, I'm way too long in the tooth for it to matter how I look. I care more for who I am. Thirdly, assuming it does matter then like every other human I look at myself and don't see pretty or handsome. I see a tired, ageing and unhappy face. Fourthly, I posted my picture here because I have absolutely no problems with exposing who I am both physically and emotionally. I didn't post it because I deemed myself 'pretty'. If I'm going out I, like everyone else, like to scrub up well and I, like everyone else would hope a special someone might find me attractive. I didn't post a picture because I thought 'yeah, you're hot, show people' my perception of myself tells me very different.

I know you just made a passing comment with zero malice intended but it hit a nerve and made me do something that in some ways doesn't reflect well, it made me wonder what people think. A forum of strangers. So in defence of myself and others if they agree - my physical appearance, and more importantly my own perception of my physical appearance had no bearing on my decision to do that.

If I find myself attractive in any way, and i very often don't,then that's because of who I am, not my physical form.

I just had to get that off my chest. Like I said, I know you didn't say it with any malice and given that I don't know everyone's motivations, I can't say you're wrong. But I can speak for me.

Here here. I had a similar reaction to that response. I know it wasn't intended in a negative way, but it did come off to me slightly offensive.

I think these threads are fun for forums so you can paste a face to a name. I don't need an internet thread to feel good about myself. As much as I try to not tie my self worth to my physical appearance, which we really shouldn't do but do as human beings, I have raging insecurities. Who doesn't?

Posting my picture on this thread is comparable to writing my rant about new baby blues and slight depression as a new mommy. No one threw stones at me for revealing such a deep and intimate feeling I was sharing, and several shared their own. I was just sharing my outside and well as my inside in this thread.

I think judgement of looks goes both ways.

That's why I think I like forums so much too. Really getting to know personalities.

Sorry for the short rant as well, and I'm sure the intent wasn't terrible, but the nerve was hit. I said my peace.

SophiaGrace said:
I don't think it's so much that. I think pretty people are just more likely to post their pics in this thread.
If that were true, I wouldn't have posted a pic on here.

Scotsman said:

Yeah but perhaps attitude isn't typical. And you're probably better or more normal looking than a large number of the members who would never consider putting up a photo.

Legato said:
Most of the women on here make my pants go pointy...

...did I say that out loud?

You didn't, you typed it. Have you tried using fabric conditioner? Mine go all stiff & pointy too, otherwise.

9006 said:
Legato said:
Most of the women on here make my pants go pointy...

...did I say that out loud?

You didn't, you typed it. Have you tried using fabric conditioner? Mine go all stiff & pointy too, otherwise.

Are you in my room? Are you certain I didn't say it out loud?

I don't even wear pants :(

Latest posts

Back