Life is so hard

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherdox

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am 57 years old and my life the past 4 years has changed drastically. I have fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis for the past 8 years. I am in pain almost everyday which pretty much prevents me from doing the things I used to do and that in turn has prevented me from making friends. My husband left me 4 years ago mainly because of my illness. You see it was very hard to have sexual relations with him due to the illness. It was devasting to me when he left and I was at my worst. I have family here but they do not understand this illness and neither did my daughter at the time. What is hard is we have a business together so we still have to be work together which was impossible at the beginning. But as the years went by I have learned to except the fact that he is not coming back to me and now we are at least friends. I do most of the work for our store at home while he runs the store. When I am physically up to it I go into the store to get out of the house.
I originally come from New York and we moved to Florida when my husband lost his job. This took me away from all the friends I had and at the beginning I had to help start up the business so I was working 24/7 for 2 years. Then I got sick with the Fibro and all things changed. Never made any friends here in Florida. My sister and parents live here but I am not close to my sister and I lost my mother last year. My father is now remarried which I was not happy about since he met this woman soon after my mother died and decided to marry her right away. This woman I feel has changed him and he is not close to his family anymore. She made it clear that she wanted to marry him for security reasons.
So I am home most of the time alone except for my 3 dachshunds which are my salvation. They are the reasons I get up every morning. I also just found out I am going to be a grandma but I worry whether I will be able to help take care of he/she when the time comes. I am tired of feeling ill and not being able to get out. I so would like to meet someone but who will want a sick person who cannot be sexually active. I am so afraid of being alone the rest of my life and it scares me.

Welcome cherdox :)

I am sorry that things have been so rough since your illness. I am not really sure what to think of someone who would take off because their wife was sick. I hope things start to look up for you. Welcome to the forum.

Hey, welcome to the site. I'm still pretty young, so reading your post actually helped me a little bit. You're a strong person and I admire that.

jbates said:
Hey, welcome to the site. I'm still pretty young, so reading your post actually helped me a little bit. You're a strong person and I admire that.

Thank you but I don't think I am strong I just have no choice. I have to believe that things will get better.

Hi cherdox I'm so sorry about your illness, i don't know all that much about it is it treatable?

or is the treatment expensive and ineffective?

my parent's split up about 6 years ago my mom (she's in her 50s) was really devastated and it took a lot of time but she slowly got over and she has a boyfriend now she's been going out with for a while and they're planning on getting married at some point

sometimes i feel life is the process of everything going to pieces and then putting it back together again, once you start putting things back together again it's a very empowering experience

but i hope things get better *hugs*

hugs31.jpg

cherdox said:
Hi Everyone,
I am 57 years old and my life the past 4 years has changed drastically. I have fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis for the past 8 years. I am in pain almost everyday which pretty much prevents me from doing the things I used to do and that in turn has prevented me from making friends. My husband left me 4 years ago mainly because of my illness. You see it was very hard to have sexual relations with him due to the illness. It was devasting to me when he left and I was at my worst. I have family here but they do not understand this illness and neither did my daughter at the time. What is hard is we have a business together so we still have to be work together which was impossible at the beginning. But as the years went by I have learned to except the fact that he is not coming back to me and now we are at least friends. I do most of the work for our store at home while he runs the store. When I am physically up to it I go into the store to get out of the house.
I originally come from New York and we moved to Florida when my husband lost his job. This took me away from all the friends I had and at the beginning I had to help start up the business so I was working 24/7 for 2 years. Then I got sick with the Fibro and all things changed. Never made any friends here in Florida. My sister and parents live here but I am not close to my sister and I lost my mother last year. My father is now remarried which I was not happy about since he met this woman soon after my mother died and decided to marry her right away. This woman I feel has changed him and he is not close to his family anymore. She made it clear that she wanted to marry him for security reasons.
So I am home most of the time alone except for my 3 dachshunds which are my salvation. They are the reasons I get up every morning. I also just found out I am going to be a grandma but I worry whether I will be able to help take care of he/she when the time comes. I am tired of feeling ill and not being able to get out. I so would like to meet someone but who will want a sick person who cannot be sexually active. I am so afraid of being alone the rest of my life and it scares me.

Hi There,

I am 40 years old and my husband left me too. Mainly because of my depression and the symptoms that came from it. It has been 9 years and i still have not gotten over it. I am sorry you have pain. I think that many people do not take their marriage vows literally. Such as the part where it says " for richer or poorer in sickness and in health."

I'm not a doctor, but ask your doctor about Lyrica if you haven't already. It has done wonders for my mom, who also suffers from nerve pain. Severe nerve pain. It works great for her.

I understand your lonliness and your fears. Today i too lost alot and feels so unworthing and lifes so meaningless. You had been through most of your life and though tough its over. The man which left you is a jerk. If i really loved my one i would love her for what she is not not what she can comply for me. You at least have a family though not close emotionally i think you still have supports. For me i was orphaned at a young schooling age and had to work till now. Lost everything i had cos of different reasons, friends and loved ones. I am so alone in this world and the world seems so big around me. My heart feels empty and i still have half my life ahead. Lost and moneyless i dunno what to do.

Honestly i think you should appreciate whatever you have now cos you still have some close ones around you. For you things can only be better and not any worse. Maybe or just maybe king charming is just around the corner who loves and cherish you for what you are. You are not real lonly and so think for a brighter tommrrow. You can do it.

Latest posts

Back