Liking someone far more than they will ever like you

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedolphin92

Reaction score
Absolute worst feeling in the world. Why do we always tend to attach ourselves to people who we know will just end up hurting us? Why is it so hard to let go? :(

I'm beginning to get used to liking people more than they like me. What really bothers me is when people pretend to like me, or say they want to be friends and then change their minds for no apparent reason.

It hurts every time.

I know its not what this topic is about, but i think thats what happens to parents too.

Because we always want what we can't truly have. We set our goals high, we aim high. And some people want a significant other who doesn't want them as much as they want that person. It's like reverse psychology. Tell someone they can't have something and suddenly the person or item is very very attractive to that person. I also think women go after guys that treat them like crap for the same reason. They like a challenge, they want to win someone over, they need to prove how lovable they are by whether or not they can win the affection of the man who doesn't treat them right and doesn't love them enough in return. Some women are turned off by someone who's too easy, loves them right away, and doesn't present a challenge. There's nothing to conquer there. No drama. That's boring to many women. Recently my Mom's friend (very pretty for an older woman and very self-sufficient financially) was set up with a nice guy who liked her right away. She was completely disinterested in him right away even though he was nice and attractive. Cue in another guy she randomly met, who already had an interest in younger women and was a total ass. He was lukewarm towards her, and talked about other women half her age. She, of course, chased after him like he was some kind of a prince to be won. Why? A challenge, someone who had no interest in her and that kicked in her inferiority complex and had her over the moon for him. How foolish is that? But it's the truth. People want what doesn't want them.

You can't always like someone that likes you back, it's one of those things that vary from person to person. Acceptance is the key; as easy as it sounds.

Worse when someone is attached you to you, then you fall for them when they are not interested anymore :p

Punisher said:
Worse when someone is attached you to you, then you fall for them when they are not interested anymore :p

Had that happen to me once. Slammed my head right in the nearest wall.

ive done that, they liked me, flirted like hell with me and i blanked them and unintentionally made them hate me even though i thought they were beautiful.....god i was stupid when i was 16

Locke said:
I'm beginning to get used to liking people more than they like me. What really bothers me is when people pretend to like me, or say they want to be friends and then change their minds for no apparent reason.

It hurts every time.

Yep. That also means that they will use you until you're used up. Just like what alienated said. Lots of people are vampires, they will suck you until you are dry and then you'll become a vampire too.:(

African_weasel said:
Locke said:

It hurts every time.

Yep. That also means that they will use you until you're used up. Just like what alienated said. Lots of people are vampires, they will suck you until you are dry and then you'll become a vampire too.:(

Yeah, I'm beginning to realise that. It sucks being used and tossed aside. I may have problems, but at least I don't do that.

Locke said:

It hurts every time.

exactly

Locke said:
African_weasel said:
Locke said:

It hurts every time.

Yeah, I'm beginning to realise that. It sucks being used and tossed aside. I may have problems, but at least I don't do that.

Yeah, it's pretty much hope that someone will like you for more reason than just one.

Latest posts

Back