London is lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon Squared

Reaction score
Moved to London a few years ago and found it extremely lonely. As best I can tell, it is near impossible to make contact with anyone here as compared to 'the shires' so to speak. Anyone else find this to be the case or just me?

I grew up in London and left the first opportunity I got, this was probably more to get away from my family than any dislike of the city or it's people tbh.

I came back for my fathers funeral a couple of years ago and ended up staying, too bloody tired to run anymore.

The London of today is nothing like the place I grew up in, yea totally agree with you it can be a cold and lonely place.

Moved to London a few years ago and found it extremely lonely. As best I can tell, it is near impossible to make contact with anyone here as compared to 'the shires' so to speak. Anyone else find this to be the case or just me?
London is horrid.
Are you alone over Xmas?

I'm up in Yorkshire and although folk are lovely it's just as hard to connect to people, its isolating, you can't just be anyone round here, I'd love to start again in a massive city where noone knows me and I could be anyone, but I get that, being surrounded by so many people and never feeling more lonely.

You cannot "be anyone". You are you and that is that. Becoming a simulacrum is nothingness and much of loneliness comes about due to the fact the majority are simulacra engaged in hyperreality.

Latest posts

Back