Loneliness is self-inflicted pain.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at a point in life (48), whereby maybe 90% of the time, I am happiest isolating from folks. It's only for the fact that I accept this is not healthy, the I engage as much as I do. Sure, sometimes I do crave interaction, quality conversation. But, for the time being, I am kind of done with people.

I agree. I go in bouts. I tend to hide the depth of my loneliness from people. Some I know would scoff I'm on a site like this. Call me a hypocrite. I champion being a loner. They just don't get that it can be lonely too. Hard to argue with your last sentence there.

I need the energy of friends around me, to feel valued & make my reality more enjoyable .
Fulfilment of desires motivates me to keep improving myself & help others too.
Trusting others is tough, it's always a risk.

A good book can outdo 90% of social gatherings, especially if people are being competitive, talking about money or possessions or talking down the people who aren't present. A book is a better companion than such gatherings.

But a good gathering where people show mutual respect, don't judge, accept your ups and downs and try to find common purpose and meaning together - nothing can top that.

Not all of us need to reach out and strive for anything. I'm a hermit with regrets of reaching out in the past. I wasted so much time dealing with other people and their problems.

Latest posts

Back