Lonely and Abroad...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KUstudent

I think, like most people, I found this forum googling "I am lonely".

I was first diagnosed with low self-esteem when I was in third grade. At that time, it didn't seem to be much of a problem, but as I got older, especially now I can see that it had a major impact on my life.

I never really made friends in school, and I never really spent time with the friends that I had. So, with a lack of money for college, and the thought that it could help me with my self-esteem issues. I joined the military.

During that time, I was sent to South Korea. That is when I met the most wonderful woman in my life. I loved her so much that when I finished my service, I came back to be with her...And thats when everything fell apart.

When I found out she had cheated on me, the little boy with no friends came back. Coupled with the fact, that I was in a country with Confucianist traditions. There was no way, for me to make friends.

I was and currently enrolled in a Korean Language program, but most of the students attending the same program cannot speak english. So even if I wanted to make friends its nearly impossible because we cant even communicate. So depressing...

And ever since I broke up with my ex, I have had insomnia, and sleepwalked a few times. Sometimes I feel like my life is spinning out of control, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good day. And I hope I can make some new friends.

Welcome KUstudent

KUstudent said:
I was first diagnosed with low self-esteem when I was in third grade. At that time, it didn't seem to be much of a problem, but as I got older, especially now I can see that it had a major impact on my life.

Possibly a very big impact. It seems that it can touch about every aspect of the lives of those afflicted with it.

Latest posts

Back