Lonely but hopeful

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterLonely said:
Somnambulist said:
MisterLonely said:
Somnambulist said:
MisterLonely said:
I feel the same way, only I came at it from the other direction, in my teens and early 20's I would never have believed I would still be this lonely in my 30's...

Curious - what did you mean by "I came at it from the other direction" ?

Sorry for the late reply, been a while since I browsed the "old" welcome threads :)

I ment that Lumi lost her friends over time to find herself lonely at this time never expecting that, I lost my friends all at once and have been lonely since my 7th, I back then would never have thought I'd still be lonely in my 30's...

Ah ok,, thanks. I remember reading a story about a family relocation that caused you to lose all friends at once.

No relocation, changing schools to one a town over

Ah yes. I'm losing my recollection. Aging :(

constant stranger said:
Everyone needs somewhere or something to belong to, lumi.....the need to belong is up there with the need for food, water and shelter.  It sounds like the momentum of your life's trajectory faltered somehow in your twenties.  This online site can sometimes be a good place to get useful, peer-group counseling and it's even a its own little community one can belong to.  I'm glad you're here.

I totally agree with you, constant stranger. 

You're right, it absolutely did. Life didn't turn out the way I had hoped, it's different but then again it's far from over and as the title of this thread says... I'm still hopeful.  :)

I'm usually someone who counts my blessings, even if they seem few and far between sometimes. I reached a place where I felt that my loneliness had gone too far, I could feel it in my body... an intense emptiness...  and I knew I had to reach out somewhere... so, here I am. :shy:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Sorry Lumi this is a late welcome from me I understand your feeling of emptiness it comes and goes here. It helps being on all I think.

Celt said:
Sorry Lumi this is a late welcome from me I understand your feeling of emptiness it comes and goes here. It helps being on all I think.

Thank you for welcoming me, Celt. 

I think being here will help too, at least I hope so!  :)

Latest posts

Back