Lonely - Want to die

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unsure if anyone has responded in the same way, but my answer to you is this.

You don't want to die. None of us really want to die. The whole concept of self harm/suicide is a shout out for help. Although nobody can help us if we're dead, it's still a request.

I hope you dont think this is a dig at you in anyway at all, as i've been there myself, and attempted it myself numerous times.

This place is full of people who have been the same thing. If people want you to die, then remove them from your life. Move away from the negative, and search for the positive.

All of our arms are wide open, you've just gotta seek it out

[/quote]The problem with this argument is the fact that it assumes the person in question is socially normal. I have gone out and tried to be more active. I have gone to the gym almost everyday for almost 2 years now. I have no more friends than I had 2 years ago.

You say to let life happen as it should. For the majority of us that is exactly what is happening. Being around others will not assure anything. I hate how people trivialize the issue by saying be more active.

[/quote]

I was not assuming anything, in a situation like this, with the little info we have, i just gave some advice that may help. If i would be face to face with this person i would probably give totaly different advice. The going out there part is not a miracle solution, for me, it helped at some point. Other times, they just had to sedate me and put me in a hospital. :club: Anyways they were just examples, the plan is to change something in your life to make it better. Last time for me was leaving my husband...
There are many people here, and we all give different advice, hoping that somewhere in there the person will find something helpfull.

I am 16 years old, I have one friend. My brother won't talk to me and I rarely see my parents. Is it normal for me to be sad a lot? Is it normal for a 16 year old boy to feel like a piece of crap all the time? I just want to know if it is acceptable for me to cry, or am I just a stupid pussy?

The problem with this argument is the fact that it assumes the person in question is socially normal. I have gone out and tried to be more active. I have gone to the gym almost everyday for almost 2 years now. I have no more friends than I had 2 years ago.

You say to let life happen as it should. For the majority of us that is exactly what is happening. Being around others will not assure anything. I hate how people trivialize the issue by saying be more active.

Yeah. But being more active does help. It's not a miracle solution like whispers said, but it's one step away from depression. Stop being active completely for a while and you'll see how much faster you'll sink as it'll add the feeling of "empty life at really doing nothing" on top of the rest.

You don't want to die. None of us really want to die. The whole concept of self harm/suicide is a shout out for help.

Yeah.

Some people out there think people who are repeatedly loud about their desire to die are liars trying to manipulate others for attention. They just don't understand, but there's nothing as destructive as this kind of assumption when you're at the point where something hurts you so much that you want LIFE itself to stop so the pain stops. And when you try to tell others about it, and get ignored or accused of creating useless drama instead of getting the help (or even just bloody validation of how you feel) you're trying to seek.

Sometimes all you want is someone that truly listens, DOESN'T try to change how you feel, and can understand your reaction/situation.

To be active is one thing. But it's always on an empty gauge if you feel no reason to do it. And "do it for yourself" is quite an abstract empty thing. Everyone says it about everything lately, but for this to work you need to be happy first. Only when you're happy can you see a point in doing stuff "for yourself". When activity comes before happiness, the best you can do is, "just do it, don't question it". Keep track of your physical improvements if there is. It could be a small accomplishment in itself which would remove some of the feeling of "just failing". It's little, but in the fight against depression, every little chip counts.

That being said, the people who just blame you for your depression (or for your desire to die) don't understand your situation. It can be better to avoid sharing your feelings with them completely, even if they're your loved ones. Writing your thoughts in a journal can be a solution that keeps you safe of misunderstandings, blames and/or rejection. You won't have the exterior eye to bring you a global view of your situation, but if you re-read yourself after a few days you can find some of your own answers.

sadman420 said:
I am 16 years old, I have one friend. My brother won't talk to me and I rarely see my parents. Is it normal for me to be sad a lot? Is it normal for a 16 year old boy to feel like a piece of crap all the time? I just want to know if it is acceptable for me to cry, or am I just a stupid pussy?

It is normal to be sad to a certain point, crying is ok, and healthy. As a teenager your emotions are highened 10 times. Whatever happens, you will feel it stronger than an adult. That is why there is alot of drama in the teen years, and alot of suicides.
You are not a piece of crap, real friends are hard to find, its a rare thing, family neglecting you... welcome to the club. Just saying that the situation does not make you lesser of a person, you are special. People can be cruel, thats their problem. You may want to see a councelor in school, just in case you are having a depression. BTW respect starts by self respect, you shouldnt be calling yourself a stupid pussy... although we all do it at some point, it should not be an everyday thing.
Take care

sadman420 said:

i am 17 and feel like crap everyday

and @op

i know how u feel i feel the sameway

i have no advice for you,if i had i wont be here

all i can do is

*hugs*

sadman420 said:

You're hardly a pussy for needing to cry.

Sometimes it's very helpfull to let it all out. Most people feel pressured into keeping the tears locked in, but if you keep them locked up for too long, it will get worse.

I've been through the situation a lot with my family, especially my brother and father. Have you tried contacting them to sort it out?

There have been times they're in the wrong, yet i still make the effort to apologise, just so we can become close again.

Thanks you guys, just knowing there is someone who cares (even over the internet) is comforting.

Legato said:
Arsenic Queen said:

wtf are all these posts for?
like I said on another thread. I had said stuff here. then later when I got upset I removed my comments. artists/writers often destroy stuff they do when they look at it again later and consider it useless/lame.

here if I remember well, I quoted you or some other person, and said I wished people were always so nice when talking to me.

Arsenic Queen said:
Legato said:
Arsenic Queen said:

wtf are all these posts for?
like I said on another thread. I had said stuff here. then later when I got upset I removed my comments. artists/writers often destroy stuff they do when they look at it again later and consider it useless/lame.

here if I remember well, I quoted you or some other person, and said I wished people were always so nice when talking to me.

I have to say AQ, I think you, Legato, Lost Drifter and Eve come off as some of the most intelligent, concise and honest-sounding people not just off this forum but just generally all round. There are a lot of other great posters on here too but your posts in particular Queeny I always nod in agreement when I read them.

You rawk x

kinzeUK said:
I have to say AQ, I think you, Legato, Lost Drifter and Eve come off as some of the most intelligent, concise and honest-sounding people not just off this forum but just generally all round. There are a lot of other great posters on here too but your posts in particular Queeny I always nod in agreement when I read them.

You rawk x
Thanks dear. I agree, there's some wise people out here. You're pretty cool yourself too.

just remember that your life is priceless,you have a lot to offer,with or without a girlfriend!

Latest posts

Back