Lonley Guy Looking For Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connives

Reaction score
Hello. I am 31 years old. Married and have four children. Ironically, I feel terrible for being lonely. In life there are choices that can be made. It seems, for the last ten years, I have made terrible ones. I am not a very social person. I don't have friends and I believe there comes a time in your life, when that comes back to bite you.

I don't know much about this community, although I am very familiar with message boards and many of them can be quite cruel. Searching on the Internet for places to meet people are all so infested with match making sites, dating sites and other sites that trick you into joining and then revealing that you have to pay to utilize their service.

To be honest, I don't quite know why I am here. I don't quite know what to expect from the community here. I do know that I would really enjoy feeling apart of something. I do know that I would really enjoy having friends and people to talk to. Eventually, I would really enjoy getting to know others and allowing for others to get to know me.

I do have quite a few emotional problems. Loneliness is a very horrible feeling to have. It is a feeling that in many ways can hurt worse than even physical pain. Maybe in due time, I hope to find some friends here. I guess only time will tell. At any rate, this is probably the most terrible intro post yet to date, sorry about that. I invite you to ask me a few questions and let's see what goes from there.

Hi Connives,
You've come to the right place I think. Welcome to the community. I think you'll find what you're looking for...though there's a bit of drama now and then, of course. But that's part of life.

There's two ways you can look at the forum: A place to try and work through/help your problems, or a place to wallow in them. I'm trying to work through mine personally, and just having a support here, people who have the same issues and feelings, it helps a lot. Lots of friendly (and -funny-!) people here.

See you around,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I know what you mean about drama. As you said, that comes with the territory with any type of community, group or organization. It is good to hear that this place harbors people with the needs to solve personal problems. I am not the type of person to wallow in my own pity. Ideally, I'd like to get out of this funk as quickly as possible. ;)

Hi Sanal,

Hi there. Not too much.

im new too my freind, im already comfortable here and i jus became a member the other night lol dont sweat it talk to us and we will talk to you!

Welcome connives, i'm glad you stopped in.

connives said:
Hello. I am 31 years old. Married and have four children. Ironically, I feel terrible for being lonely. In life there are choices that can be made. It seems, for the last ten years, I have made terrible ones. I am not a very social person. I don't have friends and I believe there comes a time in your life, when that comes back to bite you.

I don't know much about this community, although I am very familiar with message boards and many of them can be quite cruel. Searching on the Internet for places to meet people are all so infested with match making sites, dating sites and other sites that trick you into joining and then revealing that you have to pay to utilize their service.

To be honest, I don't quite know why I am here. I don't quite know what to expect from the community here. I do know that I would really enjoy feeling apart of something. I do know that I would really enjoy having friends and people to talk to. Eventually, I would really enjoy getting to know others and allowing for others to get to know me.

I do have quite a few emotional problems. Loneliness is a very horrible feeling to have. It is a feeling that in many ways can hurt worse than even physical pain. Maybe in due time, I hope to find some friends here. I guess only time will tell. At any rate, this is probably the most terrible intro post yet to date, sorry about that. I invite you to ask me a few questions and let's see what goes from there.

Welcome to the forum, Connives. :)
You won't see much in the way of spam here on this site. The moderators do a good job at keeping the spammers away.
I hope you will make a few friends during your stay here.
Oh, and it's good to see someone else who says "funk" when describing how they feel. :p

cheers~

connives said:

Howdy...I've noticed several people here who are married, yet feel lonely. I can only guess what that's like, but you certainly shouldn't feel terrible for feeling lonely. Feeling lonely is punishment enough.

Welcome aboard. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. That is very cool. This place seems to be alright. lol

Stayr, Ironically, I might not fit the bill of the typical "guy" who is unhappy with his marriage. Most guys (at least this is my perception) say screw it, and walk away. With me though, I am torn... I am a very caring person, and totally respect and treat others equally if not better than how I would like to be treated myself.

Having said that, these personal standards I have create a conflict within myself and really compound things. As my intro stated, I have made many choices in my 31 years of living. Those are choices that can't be undone, but somehow I have to develop a way of coping with them. Yet, too I have the selfish desire to fulfill things that lack in my marriage.

So, really, this is a catch 22. Because I would never do anything to hurt my family; so to safeguard that from happening, I never subject myself to a situation which could lead to that. Unfortunately though, this is a double edged sword because as more and more time goes by, the worse things get for me inside.

Rather than do the thing that most people would do, I would rather seek out friends, other people who share a common ground with my situations and talk about them. I figure with as many people are in this world, surely there are people who are in the same situation as myself. And with the Internet, the chances are good that I can find these people and connect with them towards building friendship.

In the mean time, once again, I really appreciate such a warm welcome here... that is great and very promising. ;)

hi friend
i am also new to this forumn
i am also feeling depress
i am doing meditation
but still i required friendship touch
hope that i will get hear

Latest posts

Back