Lonliness, I love you.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clandestine

Reaction score
There are some days when I enjoy being a loner, and today was one of them. For the past couple of days, I have been extremely isolated and yearning for some human interaction. Well, they say be careful for what you wish for because you just might get it. And boy did I get it! A friend of mine called me up and we made plans to hang out with each other . In the mist of our conversation, the subject of her ex-boyfriend(very first boyfriend ever) popped up and she started telling me how much she wanted to be with him. Mind you, this guy has moved on to another girlfriend who happens to be quite rich and helping to support this guy. But, my friend is jealous and wants her ex-boyfriend to be with her once again, because according to her "they were so happy together".

The reason for this is because my friend is lonely too. But unlike me, she cannot handle it. She grew up in being spoiled with friends, which is exactly what ruined her. As soon as she gets away from all of her friends she regresses into this immature, indecisive, seven-year-old that has no clue as to where she is going or what she wants to do.

To make a long story short, I told her that it would be in her best interest to focus on school and bettering herself. That this guy is where he wants to be, and if he wanted to be with you he would. She did not want to hear it. She started quoting all of the things he told like "I want to be with you, but I don't want to break my girlfriend's heart". Translation, I want my cake and I want to eat it too. ****** Lord Alert! She even started attacking me, and insinuated that I was an immature inexperienced kid, she is older than me, that didn't know anything about relationships and how the "real world" worked. Last time I checked I lived in ONE world. :club:

So today, I am running to loneliness with open arms. I thank Jesus that I grew up without friends and strong relationships. Because if I had not, I would not be the strong and persevering person that I am today who does not chase after frivolous people that are ostensibly playing mind games. Loneliness, I love you.

Get your solitude on people!:cool::D

Solitude can be good and healthy. It can also be crippling and painful. It can make you do just as many silly things as otherwise, just in a different form. It's hard to look at yourself objectively without other people to give you input. Society is like a mirror that way - you know who you are by the feedback you get, just as much as by your own internal shaping. The decisions you make have no feedback in isolation, so you have no way of making well-conceived decisions in isolation. Your friend had you to provide input, even if she ignored it, she'll be forced to hold what you said as a possibility and will know whether you were right or wrong in due time. Living in isolation is living without someone to serve that need for you.

There is a balance in everything. Social creatures need society. It's built into our DNA.

Latest posts

Back