Losing friends, all at once.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Proffessor B

Good evening everyone. I am someone that may or may not fit into here. I have a solid social network of many buddies, and I go out almost every day of the week. And I used to have three very close friends that I could speak with about anything.

And that is exactly my problem: could speak.

Meet Berny, Jenniffer and Susan. A week ago, I was inseperable with all of them. None of them really knew each other except from watching a movie together - all of the three got along fine with each other, but weren't "friends" in the traditional, classic sense.

This weekend, I went on a trip into a major city. We're all minors, so it was an adventure of its own. And, on the way back, I see Berny (my best friend) making out with Jenniffer. And the entire 10-hour trip, I was the third wheel. They went here, they went there. They stopped at the duty free shop. They jolted to McDonald's. They went into a news stop. They went to Starbucks.
And all that I could do was follow and sometimes even carry their luggage.
It didn't bother me. I was tired anyway and not in the mood to be guy responsible in case something happens. But it really started pissing me off when she began having serious talks with him. Stuff that she wouldn't trust talking about with me - and intimate detaills that she had only told me before. I heard them numerous times, and whenever I joined the group, they both went silent.
No, I have never broken their trust.

Neither are talking to me anymore. Berny told me he was just "playing" a bit, but I am certain that things are more serious. They're both "busy" tonight, otherwise I'd have met up with them. I suspect they're both meeting up privately - and I just feel left out.

So, I called Sue. Told her about it, she understood me. She always understands me. She's older than I am, but she's been down many roads. Either way, she wanted to bake Pizza and talk about it some more, and then asked if she could bring a friend. I said sure.

She brings a male friend that I introduced to her. And I felt like I was having a deja vue: she starts making out with him, and instead of talk, we watch a movie - her sharing a seat with the guy, and me being (once more) the third wheel of the wagon.

The moment the movie ended, they left, simply saying "bye, and thanks for the pizza."

Now, I feel like honeysuckle. This is the first night in a long time that I've not gone out anywhere, and it's the first time since I can remember that I felt absolutely lonely.
I went to the train station and got myself a ticket - I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow and talk to him. He's 6 years older than I am and lives in an appartment with his girlfriend.. maybe he has some advice.

THanks for letting me share this with you.

I hate to say it but you might have to get ready for it to happen again at your brother's place lol. Sorry to laugh but that 1 just seems a little obvious to me. You said you're all minors well this isn't uncommon. People pair up. It's just how it is. Everything in our society is pretty much based around "couples" no matter how temporary those couples are these days.
You can have all type of female friends but once they get hooked on a guy well things change usually. Especially at that younger age. Females getting more involved with a guy they're interested in that way is just normal. It's pretty typical she's going to share things with a guy she's intimate/into.
Can't just stick around being the 3rd wheel either. That could seriously bruise your ego/self esteem. Go out and get your own girl or just otherwise put your concentration on other things. Your studies maybe or a sport/hobby/something that highly interests you. Something that's for you. ;)

Biggest issue here? DO NOT take this personally. It's not much to do with you or anything you did.

tcgl

Proffessor B said:
Good evening everyone. I am someone that may or may not fit into here. I have a solid social network of many buddies, and I go out almost every day of the week. And I used to have three very close friends that I could speak with about anything.

And that is exactly my problem: could speak.

Meet Berny, Jenniffer and Susan. A week ago, I was inseperable with all of them. None of them really knew each other except from watching a movie together - all of the three got along fine with each other, but weren't "friends" in the traditional, classic sense.

This weekend, I went on a trip into a major city. We're all minors, so it was an adventure of its own. And, on the way back, I see Berny (my best friend) making out with Jenniffer. And the entire 10-hour trip, I was the third wheel. They went here, they went there. They stopped at the duty free shop. They jolted to McDonald's. They went into a news stop. They went to Starbucks.
And all that I could do was follow and sometimes even carry their luggage.
It didn't bother me. I was tired anyway and not in the mood to be guy responsible in case something happens. But it really started pissing me off when she began having serious talks with him. Stuff that she wouldn't trust talking about with me - and intimate detaills that she had only told me before. I heard them numerous times, and whenever I joined the group, they both went silent.
No, I have never broken their trust.

Neither are talking to me anymore. Berny told me he was just "playing" a bit, but I am certain that things are more serious. They're both "busy" tonight, otherwise I'd have met up with them. I suspect they're both meeting up privately - and I just feel left out.

So, I called Sue. Told her about it, she understood me. She always understands me. She's older than I am, but she's been down many roads. Either way, she wanted to bake Pizza and talk about it some more, and then asked if she could bring a friend. I said sure.

She brings a male friend that I introduced to her. And I felt like I was having a deja vue: she starts making out with him, and instead of talk, we watch a movie - her sharing a seat with the guy, and me being (once more) the third wheel of the wagon.

The moment the movie ended, they left, simply saying "bye, and thanks for the pizza."

Now, I feel like honeysuckle. This is the first night in a long time that I've not gone out anywhere, and it's the first time since I can remember that I felt absolutely lonely.
I went to the train station and got myself a ticket - I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow and talk to him. He's 6 years older than I am and lives in an appartment with his girlfriend.. maybe he has some advice.

THanks for letting me share this with you.

Latest posts

Back