Love at first sight

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squall1988

Reaction score
Its a weird thing, maybe its because im desperate or something but whenever a girl is nice to me(its not that often :( ) i seem to almost think that they could be the one. Does this happen to anyone else?

maybe i just want someone, anyone that bad. This sucks :(

oh. i can relate. Every guy I used to run across; i'd think the same thing. Maybe he is the "one". Its weird. Just a nice fantasy I suppose. :)

Yea, I get that a lot but only if the person is a stranger, it's just a nice fantasy like Sophia said I guess, because since I don't know the person and the person don't know me, it feel as if there's endless possibilities, I kind of hate it though since it feels like it's getting in my way of communicating, not to mention I don't believe in love at first sight.

I can totally relate. Especially in my younger years, every time a girl smiled at me i thought that maybe she liked me. I still have a bit of that today. I often misinterpret friendship with romantic affection. It leads to a lot of disapointment...but I have learned to embrace that part of me and just accept that I am a hopeless romantic. I then usually write a bunch of poems about it.

It's natural. It's just us wanting to be with someone else and seeking potential in anyone who show's a bit of interest. Human nature i assume.

grundel70 said:
...but I have learned to embrace that part of me and just accept that I am a hopeless romantic. I then usually write a bunch of poems about it.

Well, even if it sucks for you, this made me laugh.

I'm always the same way. Then I get a good look at myself in a mirror and slam back into reality. Then I realize she's just being nice out of pity.

That happens to me all the time.... Every girl is a possibility. My friend said its because I need to raise my standards, but I think its because I really love women, and I find it hard to find things that are so appalling that i cant give her a chance.....

LonelyDragon,
you have to get self esteem. I think disdain is a better option than thinking nothing of oneself. Just think of it as, 'shes just too dumb to know what good is'
The arrogance may even get you a girlfriend.

hmm I always get a crush on one girl and can only focus on that one girl. I'm also really picky I think and I don't meet many girls I like. A lot of girls that pay attention to me I brush them off and go for the girl that is ignoring me and driving me crazy.

Innerpeace said:
hmm I always get a crush on one girl and can only focus on that one girl. I'm also really picky I think and I don't meet many girls I like. A lot of girls that pay attention to me I brush them off and go for the girl that is ignoring me and driving me crazy.

I used to be the exact same way and all it is going to do is drive you mad. Its not worth the stress.

About the OP's question in general. No. I maybe thought the same way with my interaction with women a few years ago, but its not like that anymore. I can't fall in love at first sight with a woman because of the past few experiences have led me to create such a guard for myself that I don't want anything to do with creating a relationship with someone. Let alone falling in love with them instantly.

Latest posts

Back