love is pain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deliveryguy.

Reaction score
So I've fallen in love. Badly.

About a year ago I was teamed up with a girl at work in order to show her the ropes on one of our routes. Being introverted, shy and what not the week I was going to spend with her scared me half to death. Regardless, I managed to do fine, we talked alot about everything and nothing and I felt proud of myself for having made a new acquaintance.

The months tarted going by and we started talking and hanging out more and more. Only at work, though.

FYI: Even before i started to get to know her (the week i spent with her showing her the ropes and what not), she had fallen for and moved in with another dude working there. So she wasn't available. Not a problem, she was nothing more to me than a friend.

However, as the months started rolling by, and we talked more I started to feel something. I soon had a huge crush on her. She started confiding in me and telling me about her problems with her boyfriend, and let me tell you, they were in trouble. However he soon proposed and she accepted. She told me at work and i was devastated. I pretended to be happy for her of course.

More time went by and we continued on as friends. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore, so I came out and asked her: do you love him? She eventually answered that she didn't know what she did, which is basically a "no, i don't really love him". She then cracked and proceeded to tell me she had feelings for me as I had for her. At this point we became more than friends, and they started drifting further apart.

It should be noted that her boyfriend had been extremely jelous of me long before anything happened between us, and that i had started many fights between them.

More time.. we eventually got together and it was apparent that this was more than we could just brush off.

They started fighting more and more, and we became closer and closer.

Skipping forwards a bit (even the part where he had to be commited for depression, anxiety and general hopelessness, poor guy), she has now broken the engagement, moved out and is living with her parents. She's 23 years old. He's 30, has a kid and is divorced. He is not the right guy for her, but she can't really see it.

At this point in time, the present, she is debating whether or not to go with me, or back to him. At this point I've also managed to fall deeply in love with her, and I've made that very clear. She is extremely confused, he wants to kick the living honeysuckle out of me, all 3 are suffering majorly at this point. When he is with her and I call, he breaks down in a panic/anxiety attack. The last time it happened while they were at the mall. She claims not to be intimate with him anymore, but she is with me. I do not know if this is true for sure.

When she wakes up in bed beside me and he calls asking about her, she has no hesitation to lie to him about it WHILE lying next to me.

He keeps asking, she denies having slept with me. She told him we had kissed, he nearly died on the spot. IF she goes back, she is not going to tell him about us sleeping together. I tell her starting back up based on a lie is a bad idea.

This man is a walking problem of alcoholism, depression, anxiety, fear, anger and everything else that comes a long. I feel for the dude, but he needs to patch himself up, not drag her down with him. He tempts her with the idea of kids, a house and whatever else and he is basically desperate. He manipulates her but she doesn't really see it.

In one week they, and her family, are going on a 4 week vacation together. This was planned almost a year ago. She says this is what she needs to make up her mind. She won't say she loves me. She won't say she loves him. When she has been with him, she calls/msgs me about it. She misses me, and all she can say is she cares for me, so, so, so much! I think deep down she loves me, but in her situation i get not saying it. We can hold eachother for hours on end and being with her feels more right than anything.

I do not know what to do. I've told her, as has he, that after the vacation it's time to make a choice. Going on like this much longer will break me, and I have to get out no matter how hard it is. Tonight she's having dinner with him. It feels like im being kicked in the stomach to a point where i loose my breath. I cannot stand upright. I cannot function. She is all i think about, all day, everyday. She is what I dream about. I want her, but she is breaking my heart and taking me apart doing this. Physically and mentally I am drained at this point. Every day is a struggle and it gets harder by the minute.

The 4 weeks she'll be away with him I will be completely helpless and desperate. I do not know what to do.

---

there is soooooooo much stuff i've left out here.. i couldn't ever manage to write it all down

will do! unless i've broken apart completely by then, we'll see. nah, i'll manage to survive, somehow, but i could be in for a world of hurt here. i mean more hurt than feeling like im exploding and not being able to stand on my own two legs which happens quite frequently these days. this is a freakin' three way drama with lots of emotions, anger, jealousy, love, history and every other ingredient you want.. just throw it in there..

Well keep in mind you can post here whenever you need to ok? :)

I hope things go well for you and that she chooses you and if you need extra support you can always come into the chatroom.

I would offer advice but it's a wait and see sort of deal I think. Although it does make me wonder what course of action she'd take if she chooses you and you guys experience relationship bumps.

I honestly believe that if a woman will cheat on her husband/bf with YOU, she'll cheat ON you with someone else.

For the most part, I've found that this is true.

This girl seems like a liar at best and a user at worst. You talk about how much that other guy is manipulating her but you're ignoring the pretty blatant signs that she's manipulating you. You need to take off your rose colored glasses and see her for who she really is.

And yeah, even if you do 'win' her, there's no guarantee she's not gonna pull the same crap with some other guy vs you eventually. You already know she'll lie and cheat, don't think you won't magically be immune to that.

I know this may seem harsh and not what you want to hear at all, but you need to fall out of love--fast.

Badjedidude said:
I honestly believe that if a woman will cheat on her husband/bf with YOU, she'll cheat ON you with someone else.

For the most part, I've found that this is true.

I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind... several times.

known someone like that, definitely just a player, i mean the girl. sounds typical to me. you see, girls like that are plain selfish. whoever with them will end up miserable. =)

nerdygirl said:
This story reminds me of massages I give at work. No happy ending.

Haha, I lol'd XD!!
but anyway, I REALLY hope she chooses you, that other guy probably only needs her to keep himself from dying of depression or something >:O if such a thing is even possible...eh!! what it must feel like to be madly in love... *~*!!!

Wow I think both of you guys need to leave her alone she is definitely not good for him and the way you described yourself you may eventually end up the same position maybe not as bad as him but you clearly have some issues and I am not saying that to be mean but with the way you are and how you feel for her, who's to say that after given sometime you won't end up in the same place?! All new relationship usually start off like an unexplainable high simply because you are dealing with the new energy of an intriguing unknown individual and we humans are very curious creatures when it comes to romantic relationships, so it's easy to get caught up but after the dust settles and you and her try to live a day to day life together, do you honestly think this girl will love you the way you love her for the rest of your lives?! You already seem like you care for her way more than she cares for you and that's not something that usually goes away or gets easier to deal with over time and I think it will actually lead to some resentment, so I don't think this relationship will work simply by the way it's starting off!! Take it from me(a guy who is presently struggling daily to be happy in an "I love you more than you love me" type of relationship) the last thing you want to do is allow yourself to become addicted to a relationship that problably won't be good for you because of your fear of living alonely life!!!! And please understand I am not trying to paint a picture of her being a "bad" person she maybe genuinely confused, I mean she is pretty young after all but with all the issues between the three of you it looks like either way this could be a disaster no matter which way this goes!!!

Is it normal to have an actually pain in my heart, but not over heart break, but actually just because of being inlove? I know most people tend to experience this after heartbreak, or rejection. So i just wanted to know if it was anything to be worried about and if anyone else had experienced this, or know anyone who have had it and if so why.

well... if i don't try, i will never know.

besides... she's still over there, but we talk all the time.. it's over between them. she's chosen me.

we'll give this a fair shot when she comes back.

deliveryguy said:
well... if i don't try, i will never know.

Not good logic to follow in life. :p If I don't try slicing off my legs with a razor blade, I'll never know what it feels like! Does that mean that I should do it, even if I know it "might" be bad for me?

Latest posts

Back