Magic The Gathering?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your Battle Of Wits and raise you a Black Lotus. I will say though. Your card in a black&blue deck with a Demonic Tutor would be sick!

Black_Lotus_1E.jpg

I used to piss off the whole table playing this card for no strategic reason. Just to be a party pooper. I used to love how they would all groan afterwards. It's a great card to play when you know that you are going down and want to make it as slimy as possible.

41-R9dbUPXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Shak said:
But I do enjoy the game a lot and wanted to know if anyone else here plays or played it?

Nope, never heard of it. Like a 'match card game' or something?

LoneKiller said:
I used to piss off the whole table playing this card for no strategic reason. Just to be a party pooper. I used to love how they would all groan afterwards. It's a great card to play when you know that you are going down and want to make it as slimy as possible.

41-R9dbUPXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1) Get a 4 player magic game going
2) play this card on turn 5 when everyone is ready to make their big play
3)???
4) PROFIT! (or a beatdown by everyone else, but it'll be so worth it)

MissGuided said:
Shak said:
But I do enjoy the game a lot and wanted to know if anyone else here plays or played it?

Nope, never heard of it. Like a 'match card game' or something?

Its a Collectible Card Game, a game played with cards according to certain rules; roughly, each player starts with 20 life and then do unpleasant things to each other until the loser has 0 life and the winner has something above 0. I love the artwork as well - quite a bit of it is drawn by a childhood friend of mine, Steve Argyle. He likes them pretty girls, I swear (and their models).

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

According to Steve, btw, the model of the Chosen/Servant image has a message to share, too :p

"My boobs are real and I accept random donations of $10 for you staring at them."

But yeah, I mostly play Limited - I feel that the game is best balanced for that. That and Draft, which is a lot of fun, if a bit expensive at times.

IgnoredOne said:
Its a Collectible Card Game, a game played with cards according to certain rules; roughly, each player starts with 20 life and then do unpleasant things to each other until the loser has 0 life and the winner has something above 0. I love the artwork as well - quite a bit of it is drawn by a childhood friend of mine, Steve Argyle. He likes them pretty girls, I swear (and their models).

Ah, got it! Thanks for the explanation. :)

I played for a couple of months but never really took to it. Not enough community online, too expensive offline.

Yeah. booster packs are wicked expensive. when I used to play Magic years and years ago. We were using mainly 3rd edition revised, I believe, and Ice Age. Those two installments in the series were most popular at the time.

One day, a local comic book store had box of Revised, (I think they were anyway. It's been a long time.) booster packs for something like $4.50 a pack. At the time, every booster had 1 rare card in each pack. Usually the 4th one down.

Anyway, someone or some machine screwed up royal, because a friend of mine bought 2 packs, and out of both packs and received 2 Shivan Dragons, 3 Clones, and 3 Lord Of The Pits! I immediately went to the store and bought 1 pack. I received 2 Forces Of Nature, and 2 Serra Angels.

Needless to say. Word got around. Box was gone in a matter of hours. What a bonus!

O_______O

Okay seriously, i did not expect 3 page conversation going on. ^___^ for topic i created (ever in my life) that has gone over two lol yay

I will say this once, and I shall be prideful about it.

Slivers.

BAM! :D

I still have kept contact with my (very few) friends who played magic.
They didn't sell their deck and neither did I. too much sentimental value those cards gold :)

Definitely one hell of a game.
:D

I wish you guys were near by, (Mississauga, ON) I would so challenge anyone! Even if i lose, i just love playing it.

Wolf359, Yes. Yes you are missing out :p

IgnoredOne said:
**** slivers.

Oh Oh, You got beef with slivers eh? Well i got Chicken and stuff... >__> ...
errr... yea i can't be gangsta at this stuff LOL

Anyway, Whats WRONG with SLIVERS?! D:

...They are cute, fluffy and an army of lovable death! ^______^

Latest posts

Back