Mass Death of Birds and Fish in Arkansas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This story needs to be followed very closely. I was travelling in Japan when the Sarin attacks happened and I'm lucky to be alive today. OMG! LG:-(

Cathedral said:
This is NOT a joke, this is a sign of things to come. Will people be laughing and joking around when an entire town in the USA dies "mysteriously"?

You know, when I stop to think about it, I put surprisingly little value on the lives of the masses considering the line of work I'm in.

On the one hand, it could be a government experiment, as you say. Well, fine. The people of the world have slowly forfeited their freedoms and control of their lives over the years for comfort, convenience, and a false sense of security. So why should I feel bad when their ruling entity becomes malevolent? It is what they wanted. They should get what they want and deserve, because they have found it easier to roll over and accept it over the years.

Such is the lot of the weak-of-will, the weak-of-mind, who grow plump on convenience and easy choices made for them.

On the other hand, it could be a 'natural' event: Either a freak accident of the elements or of biological nature, or something caused by human presence (either from pollution or from human upset, much in the way that birds will hit skyscrapers at night because they navigate by the stars and become confused by the lights). This too could be a sign of the situation on Earth becoming worse and spiraling down the toilet drain.

So?

It would be nice to turn everything around and clean up our act. To live more in synch with the natural world instead of on top of it. But even then, we and the world we know (what we call 'nature') face certain oblivion which we cannot reverse, and it comes from nature its self.

I don't see nature as being reactively malevolent toward humans for any perceived wrong doing. I think we (will) suffer a little earlier than we otherwise would for our effect on the environment around us, but ultimately it is irrelevant:

What we call 'nature', the trees and the birds and the ocean, is a tiny insignificant piece of what nature really is; nature is the entire universe. Galaxies of solar systems hurdling through space, all gravitationally dependent on each other, a constant push and pull.

All of it utterly temporary.

The earth has reset itself in the past and will do so again, through weather patterns and climate; not to speak of polar changes. And one day, barring any immediate collisions with other celestial bodies, it will be swallowed up when the sun goes supernova. Some theories even suggest that, like Mars, we will lose our atmosphere long before then.

And someday, the Universe itself will completely collapse, a larger cycle reflected in our smaller, localized patterns that we are more of an immediate audience to.

So to summarize my view, I do think we should clean up our lifestyle, out of respect for the world around us. But ultimately, with oblivion taken in to the equation, it's all just hospice care. In the big scheme of things, if we want to draw time as a living entity, we are the equivalent of an itch on its ass. Here for a second, scratched the next, forgotten tomorrow. It seems much longer, and much more severe in our perspectives as beings that live for an average of 70 years or so. The only reason anybody shouts to stop pollution, ultimately, is to feel like we have control of our ultimate fate and the power to save the world around us which we are dependent on. Nobody really wants to admit that it is futile, and that we are temporary. Most of the human fear reaction comes from not having control over something.

I guess I just don't feel bad.

And someday, the Universe itself will completely collapse, a larger cycle reflected in our smaller, localized patterns that we are more of an immediate audience to.

great post brian :)

though from the book alpha and omega about the orgins and future of the universe many scientists ac tually theorize that because of the large amount of dark matter in the universe it will not collapse under it's gravity, but continue expanding indefinatly and that the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating

evanescencefan91 said:
great post brian :)

though from the book alpha and omega about the orgins and future of the universe many scientists ac tually theorize that because of the large amount of dark matter in the universe it will not collapse under it's gravity, but continue expanding indefinatly and that the expansion of the universe is actually accelerating

I'm not a scientist and I know science constantly changes. I suppose it has to be one of those two realities, though, since we know it -is- expanding at present :p Even then though, all we are is a footprint that will eventually be grown over and erased. Even logging roads are reabsorbed in the forest.

Brian said:
On the other hand, it could be a 'natural' event: Either a freak accident of the elements or of biological nature, or something caused by human presence (either from pollution or from human upset, much in the way that birds will hit skyscrapers at night because they navigate by the stars and become confused by the lights). This too could be a sign of the situation on Earth becoming worse and spiraling down the toilet drain.

Actually, these types of birds don't even fly at night, because they are as blind as us, also...the town they were found in was a small town, no skyscrapers or anything. I like your post though.

Sterling said:
Actually, these types of birds don't even fly at night, because they are as blind as us, also...the town they were found in was a small town, no skyscrapers or anything. I like your post though.

Correct. But it's a classic example of human presence causing a disruption to wildlife, which could have been a factor in this case. It came to mind since I was recently reading about it.

Speaking of weak people, there's one in the room with me right now.

His name is Bill.

Bill is obese and out of shape, and complains about the cold. When forced to fend for himself, he barely scrapes by. He is lazy and does as little work as possible, leaching unemployment unabashedly and bumming food and cigarettes where he can.

He is completely subjugated by the most kingly aspects of the slave religion. He spends his day glued to the television, enthralled by face-value politics and completely amused by any movie that comes on in to the evening. He laughs at the simplest of jokes. He watches children's cartoons. He is ignorant of everything outside of his box, and in an argument or debate, resorts to simple (and poorly constructed) semantics to try and convince people that he is correct.

Bill has wasted his life and pretends to have been much. He has an ex-wife and several children. He is utterly subjugated by convenience, loss of choice, and the illusion of what is good in life. He is one of many. And even after this being suggested to him, even after being shown ways to reverse some of what he has lost, he is still surrendered and stays in the fog.

I believe very hard times are in the near future, from one source or another; perhaps within a few generations or so. If they are sooner rather than later, and he is alive when they come, the end will come quickly for him as the herd is culled.

How can I not hold contempt for him? Why should I feel sorry or mournful when bad things happen to him, when he has invited these events in to his life with open arms?

Agree with many points in Brian's post, there. Especially the last paragraph. As for the dead wildlife, most certainly result of some human doing. Possibly some experimental whatnot having unforseen side-effects, all hush-hush. *Puts on a tinfoil hat*

Still, some human error behind it all.

hey i found this video online
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41196025#41196025

saying the dead birds were poisoned by the government because there were too many birds,

this could be the answer, was it the answer for all of them, or maybe is the government just taking the blame, so that people will stop thinking it's the end of times,

I don't know, why dudn't the governemnt or whateverstep up and say it was them as soon as this happened, maybe soem kind of classified info maybe,

but i think that's kinda bad,

we don't poison the deer population becuase there are too many

hell there are too many people,

but remeber the food chain and such, if something eats the birds or whatever, the poison could be transfered through the food chain killing something that wasn't intended to be killed like ddt almost caused the exticnction of bald eagles

a secret government ploy to reduce bird population in hopes of
averting our attention from an upcoming and imminent apocalypse? :O

why didn't i think of that?lol sorry

but i'm sure there's a real explanation

Sterling said:
In Bebee, Arkansas about 5000 red winged black birds fell from the sky, all dead. Then, about 125 miles away from Bebee about 100,000 drum fish were found along the shores of the Arkansas river. What's weird about this is that no other species of fish or birds died, only these two. Also, more red-winged black birds were found dead in Louisiana. These deaths were said to happen on new years eve. Some news reports I read said that the birds died from blunt trauma force, but I don't think I've heard anyone on why the fish died. There are loads of reports online about this, and on the TV. Some people say the end is coming, while others say the government caused this. I just find this weird lol.

Sterling said:
Brian said:

You sure? I don't know much about redwing Blackbirds but many birds fly at night especially during migration as a means to avoid predation.

evanescencefan91 said:
we don't poison the deer population becuase there are too many

hell there are too many people,

but remeber the food chain and such, if something eats the birds or whatever, the poison could be transfered through the food chain killing something that wasn't intended to be killed like ddt almost caused the exticnction of bald eagles

I don't know about in America, but in Britain mass amounts of deer are culled every year to keep their population at a right level. Although this is done by hunters with guns not poison.

As for the too many people, tempting ;-)

Ah you comment about DDT reminds me I should get reading Silent Spring.

that is true about the deer hunting we do that here too in america, but we don't poison them

ohh I should read that book as well considering it always seems to pop up in all of my classes, that and a sand county alminac

Oscillate_Wildly said:
Sterling said:
Brian said:

You sure? I don't know much about redwing Blackbirds but many birds fly at night especially during migration as a means to avoid predation.

Yes, I'm sure. If they were to fly at night, they could not see at all. They would have the same sight as we would, so they only fly during the day-light hours. They were saying this during one of the news reports.

Conservatively speaking, approximately twenty-five species of lifeforms go extinct every day, with or without human influence. This planet is so much bigger than us, we are going away, it isn't, life isn't, we are. Time to pack your bags.

Don't take my word for it, just listen to George.

[youtube]eScDfYzMEEw[/youtube]

^^^Yeah, there were several places around the world where it happened.

Things like that make me think it had something to do with the sun. Big solar flare spits out, sends some particles our way, for some reason the particles affect the 'flocking' animals like fish and birds.

*shrug*

Latest posts

Back