Me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt89UK

Reaction score
Ive only read these forums a few times before, dont really know what replies I expect, or what I expect to achieve by posting. Sorry if this in the wrong part of the forum it covers shyness/relationships/lonliness etc.

Im 22 years old Oh im male btw, I live in a small town that ive lived in for 3-4 years, with this move i moved away from my friends that I knew at high school and college, i had plenty of friends there but when i was younger it seemed to be easy to make friends with people in your class etc, playing football etc. Since I moved ive found it very hard to make friends, hence my lonliness now.

I dont like to look back at the friends I moved away from, I look at what some are doing and thinking why arent I making something out of my life, which ive wondered about myself for years, I didnt go to uni because my college results werent really good enough, to be honest I didnt care because i was studying things i knew i wouldnt take further, which yea was a waste of time really.

I currently have a full time job in customer services which i dont enjoy that much, despite me being there for 4 years, its better than nothing and the money isnt bad, but the hours arent socially good at all, right now im facing a possible disciplinary hearing which makes the whole job even worse, I wish i knew what i wanted to do but i just dont, and ive looked and looked and looked and thought andthought some more but i just know what I want to do with my life. I dont want to be stuck there my whole life hating my job, and when you hear people that just work there for a year and then do something better, i just think ffs why arent i doing the same. Although iin the current climate I should be grateful I actually have a job when there are so many people out of work but it doesnt make me any happier.
Outside of work.. I have no friends really, I dont do anything in my spare time apart from.. Internet.. Pc.. Xbox.. Feel like I should be doing so much more with my life and it makes me upset because I just feel so stuck of what to do, I just wish I had someone to do things with and just go out and enjoy my spare time. I have this week off work, and I just dont know what to do with myself.
Relationship wise.. Ive never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, still a virgin, sometimes it botheres me, but other times im quite.. I wouldnt say happy but i know in my mind im trying to wait for the right girl to come along but i worry that will never happen, I did actually meet a girl that i didnt really know that well just to have sex because it was driving me mad, just wanted to get it out of my system but when it came to do it.. I didnt do through with it.. either because im weird.. no im not gay.. I just dont know :(
. Im very shy when meeting new people, my confidence is very low and my self esteem the same.
Theres a girl from work that I liked alot, and she liked me alot months about 8 months ago but nothing happened because she was still in love with her ex etc long story, but shes really only friend ive got and shes been preety good to me as a friend, taking me out with her and with her friends to pub and club which i really appreciate. But i really find it hard to talk to people i dont know, never know what to say etc, im ok if im talking with just 1 or 2 people but when it becomes a group.. i find it really hard. Hopefully if i keep going out with her then maybe I will enjoy it more and be more confident around other girls, only been twice and havent really enjoyed it, maybe its not for me but im going to keep trying. She introduces me to her friends, I say hey, and thats end of it really lol I find it really hard, cant say ive really made any new friends from going out

I think thats everything.. probably something ive missed il think of later, dont know what i want you lot to say, I just feel like im stuck in life, hit a wall, work wise and socially, very lonely, quite down, wish i could meet a nice girl but they just dont seem interested in me because im shy at first i dont know, my looks arent great either.

Thanks for reading, will appreciate any advice/thoughts/tell me to get a grip/etc

Matt89UK said:
tell me to get a grip

Sorry, i've got no advice for ya 'cause i generally suck at giving it but that made me laugh.

I do acknowlege how you are feeling, it's similar to me but in different circumstances, and it must be difficult.

Don't be afraid to try out something new and different.....I'm going stop before i ramble more rubbish.

So, yeah......Give ya self a shake and get a grip :p

Hi there Matt...simply put just keep living...the more you get out and put yourself out there the more response you will receive. I am finding quite a bit throughout these postings that confidence is very low. Baby, if you don't love you who else will? If you don't see that you are a great catch who else will? For your age, you need to see yourself as handsome, intellegent and AVAILABLE. Stop getting stuck on this one girl who throws you a bone every now and again and use those opportunities when you all are out with friends to step outside your comfort zone. You take comfort in being that quite guy because if you don't say anything you can't say anything wrong...well, rather say something wrong and be remebered rather than not say nothing at all and no one knows you. If you can't dance, dance any **** way, make it fun. I guess what I am saying is take the chance. You are too youn and have a lot to offer.

Latest posts

Back