meaningful Sister Hazel metaphor

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MiKeY

If you've heard the song "Your Winter" by Sister Hazel, the following post will make more sense to you.

I connected to this song today when scrolling through the playlist, especially "grey ceiling on the earth, well it's lasted for a while". Sometimes it seems like there's a grey ceiling on the earth, doesn't it? We get those occasional breaks in the clouds where we have a bit of light, but other times it's just a thick, cloudy ceiling keeping us bogged down in a dark oblivion.

I don't want to be anyone's "winter"; I don't want to be someone's source of sadness, bitterness, or regret. I'm proud to say that I know I'm not; I take responsibility for my own problems, and when I do take refuge in the compassion of another, it's only temporary and until I can get back on my feet emotionally.

Fire, I adore this song. and I totally agree. It the second verse that really hits it for me

The old picture on the shelf
Well it's been there for a while
A frozen image of ourselves
We are acting like a child
Innocent and in a trance
A dance that lasted for a while

it's like looking back to a different person, but that person is still me, just without a care in the world.

Thanks for sharing this :D

Latest posts

Back