met a friend on craigslist.... odd

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaikulife

Reaction score
So, about a month ago I posted an ad on craigslist, in the section for "strictly platonic"... I was just asking for a friend to go on hikes with, posted an ad which clearly stated that. So, after 3 weeks of it being up, somebody actually wrote me back. lol. So, I meet the woman, we go on a nice little hike. It was nice to meet somebody, and she seemed ok. Then, we end up chatting online over the next 3 days or so after that hike. We planned another meetup for a hike, but it thunderstormed that day. Anyhow, she knew I was looking for platonic, I clearly stated that. All of a sudden, she starts throwing weird sentences into the mix... she was clearly hitting on me, behaving as if she wanted a booty call. And this woman is like 12 years older than me, around 49 or something. She knows I was recently hurt, and I thought I had made it very clear to her that there is no way in hell I want a relationship with any woman in that way... so why on earth was she writing such things? I simply want a friend lmao. :club: So, what, does she think I was joking or something? I basically just ignored her odd come ons and silly lines such as "oh, I wish I had a cuddle buddy for the day" ... ffs woman. I mean, a part of me wants to hit that, but I know there is no way in hell I could handle another woman/relationship/crazy after my last one. I must be growing, because at no point in my life would I have previously refused such offers (unless it involved cheating, of course)

I think you are right in going with your instincts and not heading in the direction she is insinuating. In some cases it is the right move to not follow that internal voice, especially if it gets in the way of leading a productive life, but this does not sound like one of those situations.

are you actually complaining that a horny cougar is hitting on you?

bang her for god's sake.

Lonely in BC said:
Maybe you should see it as a compliment?
I do, lol, just funny... it kind of made me blush, so yes, I did take it as a compliment, just was not expecting, or wanting, that from her.

Trent said:

bang her for god's sake.

Well, I think it came off more of me complaining than how I really feel... I find it more amusing than anything. But I genuinely just wanted a friend to hike with is all... seeing as I have no friends, I'd rather not have sex with her than risk losing a new friend...cuz we all know, that is what would happen.

From the experiences of guys around me...chicks tend to want sex from a guy that's isn't looking for that initially haha.
If you want a chick to bang you; simply tell her you want to be just friends and be prepared to watch her work hard to seduce you. >_>

Maybe she's looking for sex with no strings attacked. A f*ck buddy. Some women are just naturally flirty though, could be nothing more than that.

Akaikulife, I appreciate where you're coming from, and I believe your instincts are spot on. Imho, theres only one kind of relationship worth having, and once it fails, it really isn't worth the attempt.

Trent said:

bang her for god's sake.

You just don't get it. That attitude right there is the problem; and you will NEVER see it happen in reverse. (IE, are you actually complaining that some older guy is hitting on you, bang him for God's sake.) :D

Women act like they own the world; like they have the right to date and dump any guy they please. Then they go from guy to guy, theres the kind that just want sex and the kind that genuinely feel something, but on her part it's a shallow experience all the same. Very seldom will you meet one thats single, so you maintain contact, as if it were a queue. Yeah, stand in line at the bordello of denial. no thank you.

Phaedron said:
Women act like they own the world; like they have the right to date and dump any guy they please. Then they go from guy to guy, theres the kind that just want sex and the kind that genuinely feel something, but on her part it's a shallow experience all the same. Very seldom will you meet one thats single, so you maintain contact, as if it were a queue. Yeah, stand in line at the bordello of denial. no thank you.

There is another thread that talks about how people are put on pedestals, and how they can get very used to such a nice position in our society...
Some people are the type to jump from person to person, having sex and breaking hearts, BUT... I believe most people are the feeling kind, that don't want to harm anyone, and want a deep, fulfilling, loving experience with their partner.
When you talk about there being a queue... Yes. It can sometimes feel that way for people, 'waiting' for their chance to be with the someone they want to be with.

(*Le Sigh*)

Notice I didn't single out either gender ;).

Trent said:

bang her for god's sake.

I was totally going to agree with this..

Phaedron said:
Akaikulife, I appreciate where you're coming from, and I believe your instincts are spot on. Imho, theres only one kind of relationship worth having, and once it fails, it really isn't worth the attempt.

Trent said:

bang her for god's sake.

You just don't get it. That attitude right there is the problem; and you will NEVER see it happen in reverse. (IE, are you actually complaining that some older guy is hitting on you, bang him for God's sake.) :D

But yes! A man who can explain what I cannot. I think this about some Girls but have never been able to put it into words.

Latest posts

Back