Met girl online - she has BF, but is sending mixed messages.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Astral_Punisher said:
At first, I met her on a game online, and we started talking, and I was like "Wow, a really cool girl online". We exchanged MSN's and now we chat. After a few days, where should would go kind of silent if i said she was cute or nice, she finally told me that she has a long-term BF.

I was pretty devastated, because I was really interested in her.

Now, I chat with her only on some days, but when I do, it's for hours on end. Just yesterday, i talked to her online for at least 16-18 hours solid, into the wee hours, and the morning after. We were laughing and BS'ing and having a great time. She sometimes tells me she's just lonely, and looking for friends, but other times, she seems to be downright affectionate, telling me how cute, nice, or awesome I am.

We're both Leos. We both have exactly the same birthday, 3 years apart. We love all the same things, we have lots of similar interests. I can talk to her, and it's super natural, and fun and relaxing. I've never known anyone like her. We were looking up horoscopes, and because it's 'true', she said "Leos aren't meant to be together", but then she'll say something like "It's almost like we were meant to be".

It's pulling my heart strings all over the place!

She always wants to talk to me, and always tries to keep me talking and chatting with her. We were voice chatting as well, and we've traded OK Cupid accounts, and we've both seen each others pictures on there. She is, of course, drop dead gorgeous to me. She also lives just an hour or so away from me, so it's not a big deal to go and see her.

I feel like she's giving me a ton of mixed messages... She always wants me online to chat and voice chat, but then will occationally mention her BF. I will tell her that I respect that she is into her man, but then she will tell me it's "complicated", and will not answer me when I ask what that means exactly. I find myself dreaming at night about this girl, and unable to look at other women without comparing them unfavorably to this girl.

Sorry for the rant, but I am really confused, and could use a second opinion.
She is using as a distraction If she has a relationship she can be in it or break up. Being the rebound is bad enough. You don't mind being a shoulder to cry on that is really kind of you. If not move on. Your just a distraction. That's not even a rebound guy. I am sure it has nothing to with you. Don't take it personally.

The guy already got the girl folks!

Also, OP, just sit down and have a heart to heart either way. It is a serious relationship after all and if you feel like you are it's not working anymore, you should let her know and try to fix it as long as she does too.

Ummm... How about bringing up her boyfriend every time you feel as though she's flirting with you or leading you on... When she says she's lonely, ask her why she feels that way when she's got her boyfriend... If she starts to compliment you, ask her how her boyfriend would feel about her complimenting another guy... Put her on the spot... Let her know you're not just a door mat that she can walk all over, or you're not a dog that she can just lead you around where ever she wants...

See, this is why it is important to read the entire thread instead of just the original post from 2012.

perfanoff said:
Oh man, there's nothing like a woman that talks straight to you.

It's one of the biggest turn-ons a guy like me can get.

Even though it's a couple of years later, Perf is long gone, and I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, this comment is absolutely timeless. I've met someone who's like that and I appreciate how straight up she is- it makes everything so much easier :)

WildernessWildChild said:
perfanoff said:
Oh man, there's nothing like a woman that talks straight to you.

It's one of the biggest turn-ons a guy like me can get.

Even though it's a couple of years later, Perf is long gone, and I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, this comment is absolutely timeless. I've met someone who's like that and I appreciate how straight up she is- it makes everything so much easier :)

Agreed.

And as an update, we are still together - As things slowly, SLOWLY, get better for my work situation, things at home get less stressful.

Happy bank account, happy couple, happy life, in that order.

Latest posts

Back