Mock Prez Election

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which candidate for U. S. President do you select?

• Democrat - Senator Barack Obama

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Republican - Senator John McCain

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B. Hussein Obama is the only man who can get away with...

Thinking that properly inflated tires will conserve all the oil we desperately need from off shore drilling. clip;
Saying there should be a civilian security force just as powerful and well funded as the military. clip @ 16:30;
Believing there are 57 States in this country. clip;

Lets not forget his use of racial slurs such as "typical white person"; Refusal to cover his heart with his hand during the National Anthem; Calling a racist-as-they-come-pastor, Jeremiah Wright, his "mentor" of twenty years; Having a wife that has not been proud of her country until now.

The Democrats leave me no other choice: John McCain by default.

Cool, people are finally giving their reasons why they want to vote or not vote for one of the two prospective candidates.

BTW, Newmanium - I'm an Arkansas Razorback; we whooped up on LSU in overtime last year!!!

Newmanium said:
B. Hussein Obama is the only man who can get away with...

Thinking that properly inflated tires will conserve all the oil we desperately need from off shore drilling. clip;
Saying there should be a civilian security force just as powerful and well funded as the military. clip @ 16:30;
Believing there are 57 States in this country. clip;

Lets not forget his use of racial slurs such as "typical white person"; Refusal to cover his heart with his hand during the National Anthem; Calling a racist-as-they-come-pastor, Jeremiah Wright, his "mentor" of twenty years; Having a wife that has not been proud of her country until now.

The Democrats leave me no other choice: John McCain by default.

Never underestimate the power and influence of the First Lady. Maybe we should know a little more about Michelle Obama as well. I got this from snopes.com. The reasons above, potential tax increases, his inexperience and the following article, are just a few reasons I'm leaning towards McCain. It's sad when the next leader of this country will be chosen simply be picking the lesser of two evils. BOTH candidates have glaring faults, too numerous to go into. They also both have some very good qualities as well. LOL, I wish that we could take the best qualities of each one and combine them into the perfect leader for our country.:p I'm hoping that one candidate will emerge as the better choice, during their debates. *crosses fingers*

On a side note, sometimes I have to remind myself that (in my opinion) CONGRESS has as much decision making capabilities as the President. I think that people are going to starting a very hard look at their elected representatives.
OK, that's my two cents.

OK, so here's the link. I guess most of you have probably already heard about it, or read it.

Michelle Obama's senior thesis at Princeton University

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thesis.asp

EXCELLENT! We've got about 90 days to go before November 4, 2008, and we need to help each other figure this election thing out before then. Keep the info flowing. . . .

I'm an Arkansas Razorback; we whooped up on LSU in overtime last year!!!

No need to remind me, I was there. In fact the OTs were played right in front of me. :(

<--- Is a LSU football season ticket holder.

On a side note, sometimes I have to remind myself that (in my opinion) CONGRESS has as much decision making capabilities as the President. I think that people are going to starting a very hard look at their elected representatives.

It's a shame very few people actually know that, too bad this democrat headed congress is as inept as humanly possible. 14% approval rating, way to go!!

Nancy Pelosi adjourns session without voting on the latest energy bill (She has a obligation to her book tour.):
Link 1 - Friday
Link 2 - Friday Part 2
Link 3 - Monday

I agree, the people of this country better think long and hard about who they elect to "serve" the country.

Newmanium said:
I'm an Arkansas Razorback; we whooped up on LSU in overtime last year!!!

No need to remind me, I was there. In fact the OTs were played right in front of me. :(

<--- Is a LSU football season ticket holder.

It's a shame very few people actually know that, too bad this democrat headed congress is as inept as humanly possible. 14% approval rating, way to go!!

Nancy Pelosi adjourns session without voting on the latest energy bill (She has a obligation to her book tour.):
Link 1 - Friday
Link 2 - Friday Part 2
Link 3 - Monday

I agree, the people of this country better think long and hard about who they elect to "serve" the country.

Amen Brotha!:p

yaa, just like we did in 2000,

*falls on floor snickering over her own "brillant" and witty joke*

okay okay sorry, ya we can hate eachother, but the differneces between us really aren't as big as we may think.

evanescencefan91 said:
yaa, just like we did in 2000,

*falls on floor snickering over her own "brillant" and witty joke*

okay okay sorry, ya we can hate eachother, but the differneces between us really aren't as big as we may think.

*falls on floor laughing over evanescencefan91's brilliant joke*:p

Newmanium said:
How many of the votes come from people who would not be allowed to vote in the real election?

Maybe for that reason it should had been made a Public Poll? Well, that would had been up to the creator of this thread.

All I can tell you is I have not voted in this cos it dose not concern me.

I wish I didn't have to choose between these two....

I don't like Obama's energy policy, he is way into ethanol and I hate the idea of using food to run our cars when people are starving elsewhere and it has less energy than gas, so i hope you like filling up more often, also our infrastructure can't be used to carry the stuff(pipelines and stuff) so trucks and planes will have to carry it around and the process of growing the corn and transporting actually costs about as much energy as you would get from it ultimately AND it' not even cheaper than gas....

And McCain's energy policy is all about squeezing the last drop of oil out of the earth and drilling everywhere including Alaska wildlife refuges and off-shore, and his other energy policy stuff is all too mild and not revolutionary enough for it to make any difference, cause we need a revolutionary mind but we don't have one to choose from....

And he's too old and too conservative for my liking

And they are both rich....surprise surprise, so is almost every congressmen , we don't live in a secret aristocracy at all now do we?

I choose Al Gore..

*clicks imaginary Al Gore poll button till finger bleeds*

NeverMore said:

I don't like Obama's energy policy, he is way into ethanol and I hate the idea of using food to run our cars when people are starving elsewhere and it has less energy than gas, so i hope you like filling up more often, also our infrastructure can't be used to carry the stuff(pipelines and stuff) so trucks and planes will have to carry it around and the process of growing the corn and transporting actually costs about as much energy as you would get from it ultimately AND it' not even cheaper than gas....

And McCain's energy policy is all about squeezing the last drop of oil out of the earth and drilling everywhere including Alaska wildlife refuges and off-shore, and his other energy policy stuff is all too mild and not revolutionary enough for it to make any difference, cause we need a revolutionary mind but we don't have one to choose from....

And they are both rich....surprise surprise, so is almost every congressmen , we don't live in a secret aristocracy at all now do we?

I choose Al Gore..

lol, Neva:p Do a little research on the house that Al lives in and you'll never vote for him! He's an energy hog!! :p

EveWasFramed said:
NeverMore said:

I choose Al Gore..

lol, Neva:p Do a little research on the house that Al lives in and you'll never vote for him! He's an energy hog!! :p

More hypocrisy from Mr. Lockbox. Bio-Solar-One

Newmanium said:
EveWasFramed said:
NeverMore said:

I choose Al Gore..

More hypocrisy from Mr. Lockbox. Bio-Solar-One

THAT *******!!! *slams fist into open palm*

There are no true heroes all you have to do is research them to find out how shitty they truly are..

Well, in our modern world it's really hard to be an environmentalist and not a hypocrite (doubly so if you're well traveled, wealthy and/or famous)

I'm sure I may get some flak from some of you about this, but I will say that Gore would have been a better President than Bush.

Antihero said:
Well, in our modern world it's really hard to be an environmentalist and not a hypocrite (doubly so if you're well traveled, wealthy and/or famous)

I'm sure I may get some flak from some of you about this, but I will say that Gore would have been a better President than Bush.

lol, you won't see me saying anything. :p I don't know if he would or wouldn't have, but I know that the current administration has made some serious errors in judgement!

I have decided that I am more then likely voting for Obama, but I'm trying to come to terms with the inevitability that McCain and his bible thumping grand-daughter are going to win this election.

I am still looking forward to their debates.

Latest posts

Back