Mock Prez Election

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which candidate for U. S. President do you select?

• Democrat - Senator Barack Obama

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Republican - Senator John McCain

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*high fives knights * up high buddy!

anyone see the RNC? straight talk express my ass! mccains speech was filler. not much substance.
while obamas acceptance speech covered all questions and he clearly stated ("let me be absolutly clear....") what his administration would do what his goals are

obama 08 sucka! Obama, ahora que es lo que estoy hablando

Considering I'm an anarchist, it would be pretty contrary to be voting.

Screw em both, the tyrannical arseholes!

I could not vote for either candidate.
They both have been on the wrong side of many issues.

I don't think I could vote for Bob Barr either. His neo-con past bothers me.
Nader... well, Nader is Nader.
Cynthia McKinney, to be honest, I don't know enough about her.
I have not heard of or looked at the constitution party candidate.

If I HAD to choose, it would be Obama.

Edit: WHOA! I see a lot of Anti-Obama propaganda in this thread. Fox News and Michelle Malkin should not be your source for information. I will just keep it at that...

I can't believe all of the hype in the air over the prez race. One should not take Fox or CNN as the gospel. Dig up your own info, use not only the news, but articles and books. Speaking of books, read Obama's...... The name just doesn't fit in does it?

Antihero said:
I have decided that I am more then likely voting for Obama, but I'm trying to come to terms with the inevitability that McCain and his bible thumping grand-daughter are going to win this election.

I am still looking forward to their debates.

Why does it seem like people think that? Obama seems to have a significant advantage right now, I'm pretty sure he will win, even if McCain unites his entire hoard of conservatives they will still be outnumbered by democrats and independents will vote in droves for Obama, I think he has got this one in the bag, but hope he doesn't see it like that and stop trying.....I will be disappointed if Obama loses this, that being said I'm not for him either....He is just the lesser evil I suppose..

Am I the only one who finds this whole situation with Palin to be rediculously stupid?
Because you know, Alaska is close to Russia, so everyone there has lots of foreign policy experience.
I'm sorry but please lady, anyone that supports hunting from an airplane is likely incapable of fairness, and one would hope that the leaders of a country would at least attempt to be fair and just. And yeah... I'm just going to cut myself off right there. No need to get all worked up over this.

Aw man, I hate politics.

eh? said:
I could not vote for either candidate.
They both have been on the wrong side of many issues.

I don't think I could vote for Bob Barr either. His neo-con past bothers me.
Nader... well, Nader is Nader.
Cynthia McKinney, to be honest, I don't know enough about her.
I have not heard of or looked at the constitution party candidate.

If I HAD to choose, it would be Obama.

Edit: WHOA! I see a lot of Anti-Obama propaganda in this thread. Fox News and Michelle Malkin should not be your source for information. I will just keep it at that...

Sorry, no no... You can't spin and run.

What propraganda? My reasons come straight from the horse's mouth. Besides, who else is posting propaganda? One person stands against the Obama and you deem it "a lot?"

Who/What is a credible source of information?

Newmanium said:

What propraganda? My reasons come straight from the horse's mouth. Besides, who else is posting propaganda? One person stands against the Obama and you deem it "a lot?"

"Thinking that properly inflated tires will conserve all the oil we desperately need from off shore drilling."
----------
... I can't believe people are still using this argument. It was Bush's own administration who said that we would save much oil by doing this. NASCAR even promotes the idea. Even McCain conceded the point which you can easily find on Youtube. The drill debate is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Most people who really understand this issue think its a good idea. Calling for drilling is purely political.

"Saying there should be a civilian security force just as powerful and well funded as the military."
----------
Hmmm... Not quite sure about this one. But I remember a similar video with McCain saying something very similar(or the same).

"Believing there are 57 States in this country."
----------
You can't seriously believe this. No credible news organization even mentioned it. Why? because it was a simple mistake. Like when McCain said talked about Czechoslovakia this year when that country has not existed since 1993.

"Lets not forget his use of racial slurs such as "typical white person"
----------
Again, no credible new organization went after him over this statement? Why? Because understood the context and realized what he meant.

"Refusal to cover his heart with his hand during the National Anthem"
----------
Another falsehood. Snopes.com debunked that long ago. And again, no credible new organization mentioned it. Oh and it wasn't the National Anthem. It was singing "God Bless America" which people don't generally put their hand on their hearts.

"Calling a racist-as-they-come-pastor, Jeremiah Wright, his "mentor" of twenty years"
----------
I agree for the most part. McCain has some seedy pastors in his pocket as well. Religion and politics do not mix.

"Having a wife that has not been proud of her country until now."
----------
Another ridiculous smear. Only people who went after this was the ultra right-wing. Most reasonable people knew what she meant.

The Democrats leave me no other choice: John McCain by default.
----------
That's what 3rd parties are for.

Again, I by no means support Obama. If someone would put out some falsehoods about McCain, I would defend him as well.

The only candidate I am leaning towards is Bob Barr. If he convinces me that he is past his neocon-ish ways, his vote is mine.

Oh and as far as credible websites? There are plenty. Most are bias one way or the other but you can always compare and contrast. Factcheck.org and Politifact.com are pretty good. Even Snopes.com, a not ordinarily political website, debunked most of your "facts" (and anti-McCain smears as well).

I don't intend on responding to your reply. Nothing against you or your views. I really see no point in discussing politics online or otherwise. I already feel as though I have wasted time and words. People generally already have a solid opinion and rarely stray from it. That goes for myself as well.

P.S. Just because you got these "facts" in the email, doesn't mean they are true. Research is your friend. :)

Come on Obama We've had 8 years of this conservitive honeysuckle already and look what good it's done us. We're on the verge of a depression, ya great country you've made for the future. How the hell are we going to be able to afford a college education if this continues.

Obama all the way! Liberals Rock!

(conservitves play country music :p )

sarah palin looks creepy and lets big oil companies drill and destroy Alaska's beautiful landscape and Obama is a stud

eh? said:
Newmanium said:

"Thinking that properly inflated tires will conserve all the oil we desperately need from off shore drilling."
----------
... I can't believe people are still using this argument. It was Bush's own administration who said that we would save much oil by doing this. NASCAR even promotes the idea. Even McCain conceded the point which you can easily find on Youtube. The drill debate is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Most people who really understand this issue think its a good idea. Calling for drilling is purely political.

"Saying there should be a civilian security force just as powerful and well funded as the military."
----------
Hmmm... Not quite sure about this one. But I remember a similar video with McCain saying something very similar(or the same).

"Believing there are 57 States in this country."
----------
You can't seriously believe this. No credible news organization even mentioned it. Why? because it was a simple mistake. Like when McCain said talked about Czechoslovakia this year when that country has not existed since 1993.

"Lets not forget his use of racial slurs such as "typical white person"
----------
Again, no credible new organization went after him over this statement? Why? Because understood the context and realized what he meant.

"Refusal to cover his heart with his hand during the National Anthem"
----------
Another falsehood. Snopes.com debunked that long ago. And again, no credible new organization mentioned it. Oh and it wasn't the National Anthem. It was singing "God Bless America" which people don't generally put their hand on their hearts.

"Calling a racist-as-they-come-pastor, Jeremiah Wright, his "mentor" of twenty years"
----------
I agree for the most part. McCain has some seedy pastors in his pocket as well. Religion and politics do not mix.

"Having a wife that has not been proud of her country until now."
----------
Another ridiculous smear. Only people who went after this was the ultra right-wing. Most reasonable people knew what she meant.

The Democrats leave me no other choice: John McCain by default.
----------
That's what 3rd parties are for.

Again, I by no means support Obama. If someone would put out some falsehoods about McCain, I would defend him as well.

The only candidate I am leaning towards is Bob Barr. If he convinces me that he is past his neocon-ish ways, his vote is mine.

Oh and as far as credible websites? There are plenty. Most are bias one way or the other but you can always compare and contrast. Factcheck.org and Politifact.com are pretty good. Even Snopes.com, a not ordinarily political website, debunked most of your "facts" (and anti-McCain smears as well).

I don't intend on responding to your reply. Nothing against you or your views. I really see no point in discussing politics online or otherwise. I already feel as though I have wasted time and words. People generally already have a solid opinion and rarely stray from it. That goes for myself as well.

P.S. Just because you got these "facts" in the email, doesn't mean they are true. Research is your friend. :)

Again, you spin and run. There was nothing false with what I said, nor did I take anything from emails. There were no smears in my original post. Barack and Michelle have been taped saying everything I quoted them on. Your choosing to make less of these points does not make them any less true than they are. Please, listen to our candidate more carefully.

Again, you spin and run. There was nothing false with what I said, nor did I take anything from emails. There were no smears in my original post. Barack and Michelle have been taped saying everything I quoted them on. Your choosing to make less of these points does not make them any less true than they are. Please, listen to our candidate more carefully.

I told myself I wouldn't respond but your response made no sense. If you believe what you say is fact, back it up. I don't even think you read anything I wrote. There is a reason why most of your arguements are only made on the extreme right-wing.

The same game can be played on McCain.

1. McCain said that Governors and Mayors are unprepared for president.

2. McCain claims to be foreign policy expert but doesn't know the difference between Sunni and Shiite.

3. McCain called his wife a c***.
http://www.drudge.com/archive/106692/author-mccain-called-wife-****-trollop

4. McCain and Keating 5

oKfaBngnP8

5. Group tied to al-Qaida backs McCain for prez
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57678

6. McCain's campaign is full of lobbyist.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/28/u...artner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

7. McCain's manager may have Russian Mob ties
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5063617

So go ahead. Debunk all of these. If you don't, you are just spinning and running. And even if you do debunk these, you are spinning and running. Because I debunked most of your claims (or ruled them ludacris as the should be) and you said I was spinning and running.

And please believe I "listen to our candidate more carefully" which is why I don't support either of these two chumps. I would write my dogs name in before I would vote for Obama/Mccain.

Question to people in this thread.
What "box" do you put yourself in?
Conservative? Liberal? Moderate?

Personally, I am socially liberal.
But I would prefer a smaller government.
Fiscally conservative but support some "librul" programs.

I did provide links to actual recordings of Obama speaking. Did you not look?

While you are at digging up dirt on McCain, please provide a link to McCain's agreement with Obama's national police force.

Newmanium said:
I did provide links to actual recordings of Obama speaking. Did you not look?

While you are at digging up dirt on McCain, please provide a link to McCain's agreement with Obama's national police force.

Why are you spinning and running?

Latest posts

Back