Music You Like

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I change over years! rock grunge metal instrumental experimental trance gabber... anything 'cept r&b hiphop or teen pop (I must clarify this, as pop could include old school Depeche Mode, David Bowie and The Beatles, whom I all love).

Nirvana, L7, Sabbath, Floyd, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Tool, Pumpkins, SOAD, Rammstein dot dot dot

Current listening: Combichrist, Defcon, Cyanotic, Job for a Cowboy, All Shall Perish, Severed Fifth. NINE INCH NAILS.

This snap isn't across my entire listening career (yeah, if it was a job, i'd be in heaven).
You can tell where my devotion... or discipline, lies.

I just need to, it's just too beautiful. Too beautiful.
[video=youtube]

paulo said:
just got a new cd from a music buddy "Animals as Leaders" **** awesome.
kinda like a jazzy meshuggah, im good for a few weeks :p

[video=youtube]

just saw that. yeah, they are among my new favorites :)

biscuits said:
I change over years! rock grunge metal instrumental experimental trance gabber... anything 'cept r&b hiphop or teen pop (I must clarify this, as pop could include old school Depeche Mode, David Bowie and The Beatles, whom I all love).

Nirvana, L7, Sabbath, Floyd, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Tool, Pumpkins, SOAD, Rammstein dot dot dot

Current listening: Combichrist, Defcon, Cyanotic, Job for a Cowboy, All Shall Perish, Severed Fifth. NINE INCH NAILS.

This snap isn't across my entire listening career (yeah, if it was a job, i'd be in heaven).
You can tell where my devotion... or discipline, lies.

I just need to, it's just too beautiful. Too beautiful.
[video=youtube]

243lvmh.jpg
[/img]

G&R baby!

Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Pavement, TJAMC, Pixies, Galaxie 500, Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval, Amesoeurs, Chelsea Wolfe, etc.

As for "classical," I like the atonal and avant-garde composers: Anton Webern, Alban Berg, Schoenberg, Harrison Birtwistle and Pierre Boulez. I also like Bach, Elliot Carter and Thomas Ades. Oh, and I can't stand jazz.

I enjoy listening to the music of young, up and coming artists, such as this one:

:D

I'm into either 80's, techno, or industrial/electronic.
I like music that is very upbeat and either has no lyrics or lyrics in another language as it keeps me from getting depressed from hearing "love" related lyrics.

Hmmh. Well, I do fancy blues, jazz, classical chinese and other oriental musical pieces, soul, funk, a few odd hiphop and rap pieces, humorous songs, video game music- especially the orchestrated kind. I've also a few select rock songs I enjoy, but I don't generally enjoy the genre. I've taken into listening soft melodies and some of that 'new age' stuff to relax, although jazz tunes still work the best for me in this regard.

Not big on classical western music, country music, hiphop and rap music. I absolutely LOATHE anything with heavy bass, and stuff like trance and techno. Ugh.

I'm very "The White Stripes" lately, I like the fact that it's very chaotic and sorta random. like pure creativity.

Black metal (especially bestial black/death) and the more extreme varieties of punk (crust, grindcore, powerviolence) is what I listen to most. Mainly black metal, though.

Latest posts

Back