Musicals...musicals knew before I did.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58 Voyager

Reaction score
Lonely, things don't work out, blah blah blah...

But, the subconscious, the subconscious knew of my depression and root cause of sadness and loneliness before I did.

Spent a few years in NYC while growing up. Radio City and Broadway, got hooked on music and musicals....by the way, anyone associates musicals with homosexuality, fresia you!

Not everyone wants to bang heads to AC/DC or The Stones.

1987, married 4 years, son on the way, went to see Cats....somehow got hooked on the music...a couple of years later, Phantom of the Opera...then Les Miserables.

I would listen to those soundtracks endlessly...obsessed even...took nearly 25 years of therapy and treatment and self analysis before I understood why.

Cats: Grizabella, wanting to be accepted and loved and included, only to be shunned and rejected....yeah, that's my life.

Phantom of the Opera: A disfigured man of above average intellect, rejected by society and his mother ("This face, which earned, a mothers fear and loathing, a mask, my first, unfeeling scrap of clothing...")...yeah, that's my life.

Les Miserables: A man who, no matter how hard he tried, was misunderstood, punished, had to reinvent himself and start again...

The music and words, my brain picked up and identified, long before I knew why I was the way I was, today, 57, about to have what I thought was the last and final relationship that would take me to my golden years a happy man, about to come to an end. (Look up my posting history if curious, it's all there).

The music.......the music knew before I did....

Latest posts

Back