My Annoying Problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ExtensivexLDL

Well.. my problem is this- I tend to involuntarily (or so it seems that way), spend too much time by myself. What happens from day-to-day is that I plan out these tasks that I want to (or need to) accomplish- mostly it's just a static list that I try to work through but sometimes I make a daily "to-do list" and try to work through it each time. What happens in both of these cases, it seems, is that I underestimate the amount of time I need to accomplish every single thing and the day ends up passing by with me being mostly by myself in my room.. Then, the next day becomes an extension of the previous with unfinished tasks and sometimes new ones being added on and the cycle repeats. My friends never contact me to hang out and whenever I get together with them, it's always myself that initiates the outing and it usually takes me a while before I come up with something to do. To summarize: I've barely been seeing them lately. I've wondered, sometimes, if maybe what I'm doing is justifying my unconscious desire to be alone most of the time with these tasks: some of which are necessary and others which I plan solely for my benefit. (I should also say that the place where I live has a pool and fitness room and I usually wind up going to either of the places daily, therefore extending the amount of time I spend alone).

How can I escape this cycle and stop being alone most of the time?

Simple... limit the hours a week you will allow yourself to devote to these tasks. Then stick to it.

What Steel said or specifically schedule social activities on your list and give them the priority they deserve in this case..

Thanks- both are helpful suggestions. The problem however is that I never have a lot scheduled as my friends barely ever contact me. There's also only so much I can think of when it comes to hanging out with them and therefore it takes me time to come up with something.

Well, here's what I imagine you could do with your friends:

Go together to a cafe.
Go to see a movie.
Go to play bowling/billiards whatever.
Go fishing.
Invite them over to your apartment for a mini-party with a cake or biscuits and tea. (well, ok, maybe it's more girl stuff)
Invite them over to watch some movies on your computer (and tell them to bring some stuff to chew upon).
Invite them over to play computer games/chess/draughts/whatever else.

Sorry, my imagination is limited, especially if it involves guys hanging out, no idea what they prefer to do.

Organise events or outings together.
Examples:
Playing any sports together,eg.Badminton
Shopping
Lan outing

Normally,they will invite you back.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Yeah.. but they're not 'typical' friends if people catch my drift..

Oh, did you 'buy' them? If you did, I'd very much appreciate it if you could write up a small guide sometime on how to buy friends :)

Maybe you are just a solitary person, maybe you're not meant to be hanging out with other people. Maybe you just want some peace and quiet.

Caesium said:
ExtensivexLDL said:
Yeah.. but they're not 'typical' friends if people catch my drift..

Oh, did you 'buy' them? If you did, I'd very much appreciate it if you could write up a small guide sometime on how to buy friends :)

Maybe you are just a solitary person, maybe you're not meant to be hanging out with other people. Maybe you just want some peace and quiet.

Dude, you don't buy friends. You make them. I could go on about what to do if you haven't any but there are plenty of more accurate/credible sources out there- just look them up.

As for the other comment- that couldn't be more farther from the truth. I like peace and quiet and a lot of other people do too but to suppose that I'm a solitary person who isn't meant for hanging out with other people is just %@$&

Latest posts

Back