My boyfriend of five years just broke-up with me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanted Girl

Reaction score
It came out of the blue. I didn't register the words until awhile after he said it. I am pretty sure it is finally and I am in so much pain. He was such a big part of my life and I was willing to give up everything for him. He broke up with me because of the distance.

fresia.

Sorry :( *hug*

Check your PMs.

z30369910.jpg

Meh....there's really not much one can say to something like this, especially when it comes out of the blue. Just try your best to take one day at a time, honey.

(((hugs)))

I'm really sorry for you! I thank you for sharing it with us, that is really strong of you.

We are here for you!

Distance SUCKS.

I'm sorry Enchanted Girl.

Still - write write write about it! Channel your pain!

Oh no, I'm sorry Enchanted Girl. :(

Ditto what Eve said about taking it one day at a time, and what Purple Days said about writing. Finding some way of channeling the pain helped me work through a lot of the worst of it.

((((Enchanted Girl))))

I'm definitely going to write more when I can handle talking about it. D= It's so hard right now.

Cycling or working out helps me channel misery, as long as I can get the logic flowing to -make myself- go do it.

But you can't just put along, lightly pedaling the bike or lifting itty bitty weights. You have to go all out and be like "fresia that guy/girl! I'm the greatest and I'm going to ride through this and launch off the other side without them, straight to the stars!"

i broke up with a 5 year'er too a few years back. all i can say is be hurt, only for a moment, let it all out, then pick up the pieces and move on.
dont know if it can help seeing how internet talking does not reveal all the delicate pieces of the puzzle but i try to keep the idea that a once broken up with couple should never return because things will only come back.

be well....

Brian said:
Cycling or working out helps me channel misery, as long as I can get the logic flowing to -make myself- go do it.

But you can't just put along, lightly pedaling the bike or lifting itty bitty weights. You have to go all out and be like "fresia that guy/girl! I'm the greatest and I'm going to ride through this and launch off the other side without them, straight to the stars!"

LOL. I've been walking actually with members of my family. My family, thank God, have been very supportive through this, so I've been going on a lot of walks with them whenever I get depressed. Something about the fresh air and burn in my legs is helping me.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear of your pain ..... I empathise with you completely.
5 years is a long time, I suppose you had expectations and hopes for the future which have been destroyed.

I divorced after many more years than that, so I know what it's like.
There's no magic 'cure' its a time thing, the people on here are fantastic, offering their support and kind understanding words, I wish there had been something like this around for me !

One day at a time is the secret - give yourself little treats along the way, spoil yourself - there's just you to think of now, so take care of number 1.
Kind thoughts and hugs
Ninjacat

Latest posts

Back