My dealing with depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnaB

Reaction score
My dealing with depression was bad.It was when I was on leave from the military,Marines after being sexually assaulted and brutally raped.It was so bad that I would not get out of the house.My parents were trying and got a hold of 2 sexual assault and rape survivors that talked me into getting help.Contacted the VA first which was a big help,they pay for my therapy sessions.Got the help diagnosed with depression and PTSD.It was not overnight with me getting better,it was one step at a time for my recovery.It was in my room for a week at first and finally out and about.

You are amongst people who care. At least I do. Sometimes getting the perpetrators behind bars might bring some closure. You are brave. You need to know that you are stronger than you think. Look at you, sharing is a victory, you might think it small but a victory nonetheless. Getting up from bed is another small victory. The list goes on, if it weren’t for small victories I probably wouldn’t be here chatting with you. . My name is Sgt it is a pleasure to meet you! Hope you find closure and happiness while you are here. I hope you overcome it and never find the need to be here unless it is to chat with friends. I’m headed to bed, the 4 Day is over and I have to be a responsible adult and work tomorrow 😑

You are amongst people who care. At least I do. Sometimes getting the perpetrators behind bars might bring some closure. You are brave. You need to know that you are stronger than you think. Look at you, sharing is a victory, you might think it small but a victory nonetheless. Getting up from bed is another small victory. The list goes on, if it weren’t for small victories I probably wouldn’t be here chatting with you. . My name is Sgt it is a pleasure to meet you! Hope you find closure and happiness while you are here. I hope you overcome it and never find the need to be here unless it is to chat with friends. I’m headed to bed, the 4 Day is over and I have to be a responsible adult and work tomorrow 😑
I over came it and overcame it which I got justice for it which is a rarity.There was a documentary put out in 2012,The Invsible War which was on the sexual assaults and rapes in the military

My dealing with depression was bad.It was when I was on leave from the military,Marines after being sexually assaulted and brutally raped.It was so bad that I would not get out of the house.My parents were trying and got a hold of 2 sexual assault and rape survivors that talked me into getting help.Contacted the VA first which was a big help,they pay for my therapy sessions.Got the help diagnosed with depression and PTSD.It was not overnight with me getting better,it was one step at a time for my recovery.It was in my room for a week at first and finally out and about.
Good for you and I am so sorry this happened to you.
You are amongst people who care. At least I do.

What do think, that no one else cares about what happened to her. Unbelievable.

Good for you and I am so sorry this happened to you.

What do think, that no one else cares about what happened to her. Unbelievable.
Biggest help has been when my service dog Olivia came into my life.I do get panic attacks once in a while and she is trained to sense these.I have watched a documentary,The Invisible War which was on the rapes and sexual assaults in the military hearing the stories.Before I was sexual assaulted and raped by these 5,I reported them for making sexual advances towards me and nothing was done about it called dismissed swept under the rug

Latest posts

Back