my face

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
It defaults into a frown.

So when I am neither happy or sad, just normal, it looks like I am miserable. People always used to tell me to cheer up, I had no idea what they were talking about. I suppose they still say it now but I ignore it more. It doesn't help, people don't like miserable looking people. They like happy people. I do anyway.

My mom is the same way, she has a natural frown to her face. Everyone would tell her the same thing. She's never liked having her picture taken.

You could do what models do and practice faces in the mirror until you get to a face you like. Then do this face in public. After a while it will become natural and will no longer be forced.

Sci-Fi said:
My mom is the same way, she has a natural frown to her face. Everyone would tell her the same thing. She's never liked having her picture taken.

yes I'm like your mom. I detest having my photo taken. Seeing myself makes me feel sick and upset.

Sterling said:
You could do what models do and practice faces in the mirror until you get to a face you like. Then do this face in public. After a while it will become natural and will no longer be forced.

I don't really like looking in the mirror too much. I also hate it when I see myself in reflections in windows. I look away quickly.

I do try to smile alot though.

I have this problem. My mom will tell me to quit frowning and I'll scream back that I am not frowning!

dannyr22 said:
I also have this, I cannot smile in pictures even though I try.

yes like me. If I smile in photo's it just looks awfull.

There are a few nice old photo's where I look good. When I was a child. I could smile in those days.

blackdot said:
I have this problem. My mom will tell me to quit frowning and I'll scream back that I am not frowning!

I had all sorts of problems when I was 18. When I started going for interviews and looking for a job. Everywhere I went I would get 'cheer up' comments. People treated me like I was a freak !

putter65 said:
dannyr22 said:

There are a few nice old photo's where I look good. When I was a child. I could smile in those days.

me too in my baby pics I always smiled, or had choc round my mouth lol

life was easy then I'd give anything for a life half as easy as those early years!

dannyr22 said:
putter65 said:
dannyr22 said:

me too in my baby pics I always smiled, or had choc round my mouth lol

life was easy then I'd give anything for a life half as easy as those early years!

my picture on my facebook is me when I was 11 or 12. It's a really nice photo. I was a good looking kid.

If you look depressed but you are not, then throw a joke and you'll be the funniest guy ever.

your look/face doesn't have to decide your personalty smarty... you yourself don't see your face most of the time :p

yes thats true, here in quebec we have a few comedians who are hillarious, just because they have a depressed or frowning face, they tell jokes but dont laugh, like its real serious to them.

I have the opposite problem, i always look happy, my friend even told me today that when i seperated from my ex, it was easy and i was always in a good mood...wow, it was super hard, no one noticed. Sometimes i feel like crap , and go outside and someone yells hey you have a beautifull smile...lol

Stangest thing is when i was young i always wanted to smile, but my parent would ask me not to because i had bad teeth (my baby theeth grew out already decayed), so i always looked sad on my pictures.

Depressedology said:
If you look depressed but you are not, then throw a joke and you'll be the funniest guy ever.

your look/face doesn't have to decide your personalty smarty... you yourself don't see your face most of the time :p

I'm always telling jokes at work or funny stories. I can make people laugh quite easy.

I then get 'that was funny for you' from some people. I'm like 'what ?' or the world famous 'I didn't know you had a sense of humour'

I do try and make up for it by been funny and interesting

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
My neutral face looks like I'm depressed. I know exactly what you're talking about.

it's a reason why our lives are a struggle. Everybody loves a happy, warm, smiling person.

My normal face people say that I look like a ***** :/ I kinda do. I try to smile a lot more now cause I get more compliments on my smile than anything. Someone also pointed out my eyes smile when I do, I had to check after they said that and it's true my eyes smile when I do so my face is all over happy :p

haha im like that too, I just tell everyone it takes zero muscles to stand there with a dumb look on your face.

I'm the same, it's to do with the structure of my face. Default frown. When I try to smile I look like an idiot.

rdor said:
I'm the same, it's to do with the structure of my face. Default frown. When I try to smile I look like an idiot.

some people have a default smile. which is obviously alot better

Latest posts

Back