my face

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe its not a face structure thing, maybe you're feeling like crap deep down. For example a person with anger issues may look anngry when he's not.

beautifulsorrow said:
Maybe its not a face structure thing, maybe you're feeling like crap deep down. For example a person with anger issues may look anngry when he's not.

I don't think so. I am a happy person. I know I come on here and moan but I can't complain about alot of things. eg job, house, financial, hobbies.

I am a chatterbox at work, I'm always talking to people. I think I am upbeat most of the time. People judge me differently. Two women at work last week said I make them laugh, while one hinted I didn't have a sense of humour. I am not everybodies cup of tea.

I think my unhappy face is a problem when it comes to photographs mostly. I can't seem to relax and smile.

Have you ever seen Bob Newhart? Does he smile a lot?

Still is a great comedian, a great guy, and likeable.

I think you're too hard on yourself.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Have you ever seen Bob Newhart? Does he smile a lot?

Still is a great comedian, a great guy, and likeable.

I think you're too hard on yourself.

not quite sure who you mean.

I think i am a great guy and likeable too !

It's like they're covering up the fact that they're discriminating/judging somone for being ugly by pretending that it's to with an *expression* one has.

hmmm ...

This is not that unusual. I see this especially
around peeps over 40.

From what I saw, almost every one who has this default
frown has also a negative attitude and low energy.

What do you guys think?
Maybe it's related?

I think it has some connection.

btw if you've read "six pillars of self esteem" (which is down right GREAT)

he gives a cool exercise he calls "the mirror."

For two weeks, every morning and evening, stare yourself
at the mirror for two FULL minutes - NAKED.

Examine EVERY part of your body. ESPECIALLY the
parts you don't like.

I recommend you to try it! :)

AdamGoldman said:
hmmm ...

This is not that unusual. I see this especially
around peeps over 40.

From what I saw, almost every one who has this default
frown has also a negative attitude and low energy.

What do you guys think?
Maybe it's related?

I think it has some connection.

btw if you've read "six pillars of self esteem" (which is down right GREAT)

he gives a cool exercise he calls "the mirror."

For two weeks, every morning and evening, stare yourself
at the mirror for two FULL minutes - NAKED.

Examine EVERY part of your body. ESPECIALLY the
parts you don't like.

I recommend you to try it! :)

lol - I might try that !

My thinking face is somewhat concerned/frowny and it does get tiring when people are always asking you "Are you okay?"

I was always a bit uncomfortable having a conversation with a group of people because I didn't know how to affect that "I am a pleasant person who is mildly interesting in what you're saying" face. But I think I've figured it out. It's not just the mouth, it's in the eyes too. When people do that face they raise their eyebrows and chin just slightly and sometimes move the head to one side a tiny bit. It's definitely about the subtleties.

I have no real idea what my face looks like when I'm talking.

When I'm excited some people tell me to calm down. When I'm angry, they act scared.

I also get quite alot of 'are you okay ? / what's up ? / Cheer up ' - or I did do. I think these days it goes in one ear and out the other.

I have a natural blur, uncomfortable and dumb expression all the time. It's kind of sad. I'm not very expressive on my face either. My best buddy however can make 50 expressions in 2 minutes. Seriously. She has expressions for every occasion and always looks great. It runs in her family. And for me, it runs in my family too. My mom can't take good pictures and her face looks likes she tries too hard (me too sadly), and my brother has a clueless disconnected expression too.

I normally don't smile because I think that when I smile I look even worse. My mother once told me that I have the same stoic qualities that my dad has.

My last therapist said I looked like a soldier that just came back from war on the front lines when he first met me... He described it as having a "numb" or "dead" expression. Said it was a common trait for people with dysthymia/depression. Don't know if I believe it.

Latest posts

Back