My name is...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Iblis_Trigger

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Kameron K. Brown, and, I know this is a little late, but It's Nice To Meet You All! Here are some things about myself (positive):

I am a Sonic the Hedgehog fan (the first Sonic game came out the day after my 4th birthday: June 23, 1991. My birthday is June 22) and have been since the beginning. I know that may open me up to ridicule, but oh well.

I am also a fan of anime, my favorite being Dragon Ball Z.

I like reading manga. So far my favorites are those that I have in my current collection (they're all based off of video games, with one exception): Rockman X4 (Megaman X4's Japanese name; the manga is 100% Japanese; I can not understand a word, based off of one of my all-time video games of the same name), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (based off of the Nintendo 64 game of the same name with ties with Megaman X4 as my all-time favorite video game), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Megaman ZX (based off of the Nintendo DS game of the same title), and the final volume of Dragon Ball Z.

Another thing I like is playing video games: My favorites are as follows:

1) Mega Man X4 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (two-way tie)

2) Mega Man X5 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (two-way tie)

3) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles (a little known fact about Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles: Originally, Sonic 3 was meant to contain all of the levels that Sonic & Knuckles had, but the game could not be finished in time, so it was split into two: SEGA was forced to release the games seprated due to time constraints and cartridge prices. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the complete version of Sonic 3. Another little known fact about Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Originally, Sega hired pop sensation, Michael Jackson to compose the music in the game, but Jackson had a lawsuit surrounding him, so the idea was scrapped. However, the music has some similarities to Jackson's work, as the chiptunes in Sonic 3 were based on music sheets from Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson's album Dangerous was released a few years before Sonic 3 and would be the basis for the chiptunes on Sonic 3.

Brad Buxer confirmed that some of Michael Jackson's work is in the game .

Here are some examples:

Marble Garden Zone: If "Thriller" is player over the zone's music, it seems to fit.
Carnival Night Zone: One part sounds similar to "Jam"
Icecap Zone: Sounds [only very loosely] like a sped-up version of "Who Is It?", with chord progressions similar to those in "Smooth Criminal".
Ending Credits: sounds very similar to "Stranger in Moscow", but this could be a coincidence, as the song wasn't released until 1996).

I like watching movies too. My favorites are:

1) Swimfan

2) Fatal Attraction

3) The Longest Yard (with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock)

4) Independence Day

5) Space Jam

Well, that's enough about me. Now it's your turn...

I figured that I should post something positive about myself, so I shall do so.

I am also an artist, but since I can't access a site that I have my work on, I will give you all the address to my page, and tell you how to find my works:

mocospace.com/mephiles_the_dark

and go to photos, and look for a folder called "My Art".

You are just saying "these are the products of the culture industry I consume" <insert long ridiculous list>. To which anyone with sense would have to say, "so what"? Sadly most haven't any and fall into the same line of thinking as you. They list on the vapid social networking sites all the movies, musicians they like as if it relates deeply to their self-identity.

Hello Kameron -- You certainly radiate with excitement and creativity! I'm very interested in viewing your art right after I post this message. I hope you'll never allow ugly, disparaging comments such as "ridiculous list" and "anyone with sense" to dim the bright light of your positivity. IMO remarks such as these are arrogant, bitter, and disrespectful. I really enjoyed reading your introductory post. Happiness is contagious! LG:)

Thrasymachus, Iblis Trigger was listing some of his interest. It is a networking post and many look for people with common interest. If it doesn't interest you then pass on by to something else. There is no need for such condescending remarks towards him.

Thrasymachus said:
That is not interest, that is what you buy or passively watch when you have nothing better to do.

Maybe to you, but not to someone else. Can you PLEASE stop demeaning others? Just because you're of a certain opinion, does NOT mean you have to express it in such a brusque manner (if at all). Thanks in advance.

Hi, can the mods on this forum stop giving to lonely people, patronizing advice that just because its tone "sounds nice" they mistake for helpful?

Thrasymachus said:
Hi, can the mods on this forum stop giving to lonely people, patronizing advice that just because its tone is "sounds nice" they mistake for helpful?

You don't speak for everyone. If you have issues with the way this site is moderated, please take it up with the mods via PM - it's not allowed in random threads. Thanks.

I am just telling you guys to stop giving crap advice, on the basis that you are mods. What you guys are doing in a nice tone, is many magnitudes worse than the more realistic, but jarring advice I give. Count on it.

Thrasymachus said:
I am just telling you guys to stop giving crap advice, on the basis that you are mods. What you guys are doing in a nice tone, is many magnitudes worse than the more realistic, but jarring advice I give. Count on it.

I don't know what "advice" you're talking about. I haven't even posted any in this thread. I'm just telling you to stop being so abrasive. You don't have to be, why do so? You can hand out useful advice without being so offensive. Now, this topic is OVER unless you'd care to take it into PM. It's now considered "off topic" so this thread isn't derailed. Anymore of your abrasive posts will be subject to further action - count on it. :)

Hi Iblis welcome to ALL :)

I used to play Sonic the hedgehog on a hand-held Sega game...console when i was around the age of 6. I liked jumping to try and get the hoops. :p

I was just listening to an interview with Gungadin Luhar of the Coalition Against Work and Civilization. He brought up a good a dichotomy:
Do you want to spend your life or live it?

Iblis, you have been spending it passively looking for entertainment from the entertainment industry and even self-identifying by this, instead of really living. I have been on that path too and it is false. If it were up to me I would get rid of the tv, but unfortunately my family and living situation does not allow me to dictate this course.

I haven't seen the new "The Longest Yard," but I loved the original. Some of my favorite movies are (in no particular order):

Slingblade

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

A Bronx Tale

Heat

Taxi Driver

Dog Day Afternoon

Just about anything with De Niro or Pacino (can you tell? :p)

Thrasymachus said:
Are you a former drill sergeant?

Latest posts

Back