My theory on why people fail socially

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fail because of anxiety. Otherwise I'm normal, but if I am anxious, it comes out through my social skills and makes me look weird.

It's always been that way. I can be normal at home, and be a freak in public. I am like the person that everyone laughs at, and then goes home and wonders why that is (and none of my friends and people who see me in private understand why...)

I have good looks, athleticism, and charisma. And I have no real friends. I'm lonely.

Your theory; KAPUT!

Far too many factors really need to be considered with the whole social life. Like where you live, who lives around you, money, reputation, age. It all matters I suppose. The best of people tend to not need to think about this. They just naturally go about their lives with everything going right lol. Maybe its fate or luck. Who knows? Not me lol

And all along I thought it was because I was better than eve......

OH honeysuckle, SHE'S STILL GOT THAT DAM CLUB!!!!

:club:

L_ B.C. Callie

Bullshit.

Good-looking people (per society) can be lonely, not-so-good-looking people (again, per society) can be popular. It's happened.

It has more to do with confidence and the ability to push yourself to socialize.

One of my problems is impulsiveness, if I could learn how to stop saying things like "awww I think furry culture is adorable". On top of this I have a kind of innocence/naivety outer affect that leaves others feeling somewhat awkward around me for some reason (anyone with any ideas on this is welcome to comment).
On top of this my nervousness really seems to trigger certain kinds of people, like blunt straight talking more wordly individuals, though alot of stronger personalities sometimes warm to me. It's odd, I've been really really well liked in a few social spheres, like, had a bit of a celebrity status going on, in others I'm bullied and picked on to sin and gain a reputation as a 'spak'.
Often I'll walk into a new social atmosphere and know not to even open my mouth, but of course then you're targetted as the quiet one. Problem is, because I'm bubbly with my friends they have a difficult time appreciating just how many difficulties I get. They say "you'll be fine, everyone loves you" and I'll be thinking "NO THEY BLOODY DON'T INSIDE" :s

Lonely in BC said:
And all along I thought it was because I was better than eve......

OH honeysuckle, SHE'S STILL GOT THAT DAM CLUB!!!!

:club:

L_ B.C. Callie

I have no idea what's going on in this thread, but okay, if you want.
:club: :club: :club:

Ak5 said:
Bullshit.

Good-looking people (per society) can be lonely, not-so-good-looking people (again, per society) can be popular. It's happened.

It has more to do with confidence and the ability to push yourself to socialize.

Has everyone seen how many good looking people are on this forum? Just saying. Looks don't really have anything to do with loneliness.

Callie said:
Has everyone seen how many good looking people are on this forum? Just saying. Looks don't really have anything to do with loneliness.

Well, I'm flattered.

Brasslootz said:
One of my problems is impulsiveness, if I could learn how to stop saying things like "awww I think furry culture is adorable". On top of this I have a kind of innocence/naivety outer affect that leaves others feeling somewhat awkward around me for some reason (anyone with any ideas on this is welcome to comment).
On top of this my nervousness really seems to trigger certain kinds of people, like blunt straight talking more wordly individuals, though alot of stronger personalities sometimes warm to me. It's odd, I've been really really well liked in a few social spheres, like, had a bit of a celebrity status going on, in others I'm bullied and picked on to sin and gain a reputation as a 'spak'.
Often I'll walk into a new social atmosphere and know not to even open my mouth, but of course then you're targetted as the quiet one. Problem is, because I'm bubbly with my friends they have a difficult time appreciating just how many difficulties I get. They say "you'll be fine, everyone loves you" and I'll be thinking "NO THEY BLOODY DON'T INSIDE" :s

Ah. You could be me.

Let's marry and live happily ever after. :cool:

I can walk in to a bar full off red necks. Half of them wanna kill
my ass. I dont really give a fresia...becuase i know they're just
people, retards, low lives and have stupid issues.

I can manage to meet people that's easy going, well educated, well
traveled. And half of the chicks will a still talk to me or enteract
with me. All white chicks too....the prettier onces in the room too,...

Im a minority, minority and will always be anywhere and everywhere
I go. it has nothing to do with my reputations, social circles, what
Im good at or not...I can the fucken guitar too. I can play catch..

Cant be a pussy..if you walk in my shoes and that's that.
All the pyscho annolizing...disorder this disorder that, my fucken
looks, how much money i make, my past..blah blah blah dont
dosnt mean honeysuckle for me. Been bullied, pick on, used, abuse, dysfuctional
home... ect ect..ect.

it's not a fucken big deal wheather i fit in or not.
It's not a big deal if I'm socially acceptiable or not.
I dont need to hang out everyday or feel like honeysuckle about
myself just because some tard dosnt like me.

It's not even about my self confidence.

Im either going to do something or Im not.
Talke to people or dont talk to people.
It's all realitive....

Being socialable is like eating fucken icecream. It's not a need.
Hitting on chicks or dating chicks is like a past time or hobbie.
It's suppost to be fun.I just look at it like that.
A hobbie is not a need.
It dosnt even define as a person....

Latest posts

Back